Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Thanks he has had two different guys work on his form . A coach I trust and myself.

Tell him ā€œgreat workā€. No longer a kid.

1 Like

Nope not a kid . Based off on how he acts and relates to others he hasnā€™t acted like a kid in a long time

The Bullpup did well. How much does he weigh?

1 Like

Heā€™s been fluctuating +/- 5 lbs at 200

download
Standing OHP TM x 1
some odds and ends.

FUCK THE STANDING OHP!! Going back to DTNP I get more direct shoulder work from them along with the benefit of keeping my shoulders more mobile .
Also for some damn reason I was running a low grade fever today and my session was terrible.

Read ā€˜low gradeā€™ and expected the next word to be ā€˜Testā€™ !!!

1 Like

I was so brain dead it took me a few reads to get what you ment lol

1 Like

imagesCA2Y5UR8

Squats: 345 x 5
3 x 5 x 265 ā€¦ all sets were easy as hell! First time in awhile I was locked in mentally .

Steps ups: 3 x 10 (per leg) @ SW
Good mornings: 5 x 10 @ Sw
Standing cable crunches: 5 x 10 @ SW
some hip prehab stuff
Relatively happyā€¦ maybe I will be back to using some actual weight in a few months .

It was all that weighted stretching and BFR that did it! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
If you would have watch your favorite internet guru you could have thrown in some 1000lb rack pulls!

1 Like

didnt%20say
smartass

Who me? Smart ass? Nevva!
:grin:

1 Like

Well on a good note I have started to see size coming back into my legs ā€¦

Behind the neck press is a winner.

You bet they arešŸ‘ I think Iā€™m one of the few on these forums to use them. I have always said they have gotten a unfair bad reputation over the years.

When I was heavy into power lifting I used them for a mobility exercise. They really helped me keep good mobility in my shoulders and keep them healthy with all the heavy pressing I did. I feel people have shitty shoulder mobility and just canā€™t do the behind the neck press properly so just pass it off as it causes shoulder issues. Kind of like how some people complain that squats cause knee issues.

Edit: this was about 12 years ago or more lol but I did them for a good 2 years and never had shoulder issues.

2 Likes

Agree.
Good for strength, and mobility. The bad rep seems undeserving. Anything can cause an injury.
Been a staple of mine for years.
Actually I need to OHP now with a neutral grip ( log bar) I can still BTN press with the traditional grip ( probated).

1 Like

Yeah some people based on shoulder structure probably should not ever do themā€¦ But other whom have favorable shoulder structure could but allot of them have shoulder mobility issues because they have done way too much benching and causing things to get out of balance. So when they try the BTNP they jack them selves up because of it.
I

Yeah ā€¦ when I first got into lifting as a kid I was heavily motivated to do them seeing pics of the Barbarian Brothers and Ted Arcidi

1 Like

well might as well repost this from a few month ago since we are on the subject.

Bad part will be seeing how much mobility I might have lost from the switch over.

1 Like