Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

crying

Putting my ego on the shelf and going to adjustment two of my main movements based on the signals my body has been sending me.

1> Parallel box squats, the right hip is cranky and irritated at the moment and needs time too cool off. Messed around and realize that I dont notice the same twinge going onto a parallel box. So I guess I will start doing them as my main squat movement for awhile than slowly go back after several weeks. Big catch is that I will have to make sure I maintain the same form I would use on my regular squats.

1. Standing OHP… The external rotation with load on the BTNP is starting to beat me up slightly once you start factoring in all the other pushing volume im doing. Lets see what happens when I bring standing OHP back into the mix.
1 Like

Standing OHP: 200 x 6 *
3 x 5 @ 130 ( used swiss bar on these three sets)

Dips: 50 total reps… getting better at these again did them in 4 sets
Pulldowns: 50/5 @ SW TR 47
Swiss bar Hammer curls: more weight than last time
Bench Sit ups: 5 x10 @ SW

** Well the standing OHP was less stressful on the shoulders. Only did 6 because I was noticing some fatigue in the upper back since it had been awhile since doing them and I didnt want to turn it into a incline press. Other than that Bar speed was good . Got a feeling these will shoot up once I get my groove back on these.

^^ FYI favorite Metallica song

2 Likes

pc%20bulldog
As I figured…feeling fatigued in a few of the stabilizer muscles involved in the standing OHP today.

Does this mean you had a tired little tummy :wink:

upper back…

Oh that’s way more manly !! Have to tweaked it or just general fatigue

just general fatigue… paying for doing BTNP with seated with back support. Should strengthen back up in no time.

bigdog

Trap Bar deads: 465 x 8 … kept a rep or two in the tank
3x5 @ 360

Kettle swings: 3 x 15 @ SW
T bar rows: 5 x10 @ SW
Shrugs: 3 x 15 @SW
Standing cable crunches: 5 x 10 @ SW

3 Likes

“Trap Bar deads: 465 x 8 … kept a rep or two in the tank”
3x5 @ 360Very adequate tbar deads,

2 Likes

Adequate enough that i am even feeling them today. Glutes and hammies are feeling a little fried.

1 Like

Bench: 315 x 5 …no plus sets this week
Buffalo bar bench: ( all reps paused) 3 x 15 @ 225
Inverted rows: 50 tottal
Incline DB press: 3 x 15 @ SW
Tate presses: 3 x allot @ SW
Seated DB cleans: 3 x 10 @ SW
OK…I am current tweaking a few things on Bench.

1. bringing the bar down slightly higher to about nipple level
  2. adjusting bar path… I have gotten in the habit of pressing straight up and down. Experimenting with pressing at more of an angle towards my face with slightly less of a tuck. Notice more chest involvement doing so…

Love the pic today!

1 Like

huh

Not much to report … box squatted yesterday. Not that productive since I dicked around getting the proper box height. Got my secondary stuff in also

Bulldog%20gif2

ZERO in the tank tonight… Been under the weather the past few days, think i picked up a bug dealing with full body ache along with the start of chest congestion.

OHP: 210 x 2 … thats all I had
Standing swiss bar OHP: 3 x 5 @ 140…felt like a ton

Yeah…called it , wasnt going to get any productive work in.

imagesCA2Y5UR8

Trap Bar deads: 490 x 8… had two still in the tank but they would be grinders
3 x 5 @385

Kettle swings: 3 x 15 @ SW
T bar rows: 5 x 10 @ SW
Shrugs : 3 x 15 @ SW
Standing cable crunches: 5 x 10 @ SW
Talk about a complete 180 degree difference in the quality of this session vs. my last one.

1 Like

untitled%20(2)

Bench: 350 x 7 …left a good rep or two in the tank
Buffalo bar Bench: 3 x 5 @ 260… really looooong pauses on some of the reps
Inverted rows: 50 total
Incline db press: a bunch
tate presses: a bunch also
Bent over flyes: also a bunch
Bench sit ups: 5 x 10 @ SW
Slight tweak in form is agreeing with me… already noticing a slight improvement. But it will take awhile until it becomes second nature.
On a bad note… my session took forever due to heat and having to pace myself.

3 Likes

huh

Box squats: ( soft touch) 330 x 5… yeah didnt push it could have done another 5 or more easily
3 x 5 @ 260

Step ups: 3 x 10 @ SW
Goodmornings : 5 x 10 @ SW
Standing Cable crunches: 5 x 10 @ SW
Band abductions : 5 x 20 ( suggested buy a Physical therapist I know)
Well got the box height correct… just have to get reprogrammed on hitting the breaks sooner so I dont slam into the box.
All in all squats were easy and no complaints from the right hip. Also notice that my form is off and not because of the box.

2 Likes

The squats were okay. The like was for Pliskin!

1 Like

Call me … Snake :snake:

1 Like

Well then, Snake it is!