Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Just was not in the mood to type it out…

That’s just slack, how am I supposed to remain motivated by your manly efforts and shamed into working out by you efforts if you don’t share them !!! I take my hat off you old man just the fact you train and leg each day is better than my recent efforts.

1 Like

advice

LIGHT BENCH
Bench: (buffalo bar) 8 X 3 @ 245
Standing OHP: 20/3@190 TR 21
Neutral Grip pullups: reps x sets
EZ bar curls: 25/3@SW TR 20
Alt DB curls: 20/2@SW TR 17

bulldog muzzle

Squats: 5 x 5 x 250 … ended up eating shit and not let my ego get in the way . Was going to go heavy on them BUT when I did I noticed I started to not follow the new form.

Landmind Belt squats: Bunch of sets and reps

^^^^^NO THIS IS NOT ME!! just a general idea of the set I used…ALSO I went a hell of allot lower than this gentleman with a upright torso too really work the quads.
Seated Band curls: 50 total reps

1 Like

sad bulldog

Ugh…picked up a slight bug. Feel like death warmed over. Bumping today’s heavy Bench session to tomorrow.

Very clever idea, along with the attached vids.

sleeping bulldog

A Bunch of light pull downs and pull aparts to warm the upper back up

Bench: 375 x 1
5 x 3 x 335

Incline: (swiss bar) 30/3 @ 225 TR 30
Lying Tri Extensions: 25/3 @ 100 TR 28 … I cut back on the weight since I should have done so when I changed my grip width on these.
Face pulls: 5 x 10 @ SW

UGH…still not 100% from the bug I caught… Well at least I shared it with my wife and now shes miserably also. Thank God the approach I am using actual back down on intensity this week or I would have been screwed and it would have been a wasted session.

1 Like

Got to be good genetics for you to stay in good shape (your son’s posted photos of you a few weeks ago where you nailed that intimidating look.) with all the injury/illness crap you get. Though I do remember you posting something about a group photo in a restaurant…

Time to stay healthy for several months.

yeah I mentioned I looked like a bloated pig …because I was overdoing it on the carbs.

happy bd

Trap Bar Deads: few sets and a few reps @ SW…pretty easy today weight went up easy
Meadow rows : 30/3 @ SW TR 36
Seated GM’s " 3 x 10 @ SW
Standing Band Crunches : 5 x 10

Good session …felt pretty easy

Light Bench

Bench: 2 x 8 x 285

Standing OHP : 20/3 @ 195 TR 15… very odd upper body felt very unstable
Neutral Grip pullups: reps x sets
EZ bar curls: 25/3@SW TR 24
Alt DB curls: 20/2@SW TR 20

1 Like

bulldog trophy

Just found out at last night that A certain Sophomore that I have ties with ( yeah like no one that reads this doesn’t know) on Aug 25 at the beginning of school ceremonies, he is receiving a award given out to the most outstanding male Freshman from the previous school year at his College.

Fuck yeah

5 Likes

The Pupster!!!

I know you’ve said he wanted to be an Ortho Assistant, but why not go for the Ortho spot? (hope that wasn’t out of line to say, if so my apologies)

Btw, I love that you used a Freddie Mercury pic lol.

1 Like

Its all good no worries… Honestly I sorta wish he would myself. But you know hes the one that has to do the work and hes old enough to make his own decisions all I can do is advise.

2 Likes

FYI @punnyguy Freddie Mercury is the fucking Man regardless of anything else… one of my favorite singers.

2 Likes

No doubt. He probably had the greatest vocal range of any rock “singer” ever.

…do you like Bono too?.. :wink:

2 Likes

Nope…

3 Likes

Congrats to your son, again.

Good you’re not pushing him career wise. You can only offer advice, and continue coaching his weightlifting… my weightlifter buddies tended to share influence.

1 Like

bulldog butt

Squats: 5 x 4 @ 350… DAMN IT! Started feeling a twinge in the glute hamstring area. Shut it down.

Hip Belt Squats: 3 x 10 @ SW NO issues with these super deep on these
Seated Band Hamstring curls : 5 x 10
Band Abductions: 3 x 20

Well I am a little annoyed at the moment … Either I need to deload squats or back off for a short time on them allowing the area to cool off.

1 Like

grumpy bulldog

Bench: top set 385 X 1 …Flew up
5 x 3 @ 345… had to put work in

Incline Bench: 30/3 @ 230 TR 34 … used a regular bar
Lying tri extensions: 25/3 @ 105 TR 28
Face Pulls: 5 x 10 @ SW

2 Likes