Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

I’ve found that ego can be one cause of back trouble.

1 Like

Ego has caused more problems in my life than just my back.

1 Like

Dynamic Bench: 8X3@ 240 ,1x2 260
Standing OHP:3 x 5 @ 185…had reps still in the tank on last set didnt push it
Neutral Grip pull-ups: sets x reps
SKIPPED …direct arm work for the day

Pretty much a garbage session… been getting on average 5 hours of sleep in the past three days and it caught up with me.

Starting next week Im changing a few things on my Benching

1. Heavy and a Light day…which im already slightly doing
    2.On the Heavy day… working rep range of 3-5 no more and no less.
  2. Dropping volume upping the intensity
    4… FUCK any rep PR’s
    The reality is my top end strength is not matching my ability to rep a given amount …time to correct that.
1 Like

Ego can take many shapes and forms…today it was a younger guy in the gym running and huffing and puffing over the entire gym…ego wanted me to put 405 on the bar for my deadlift max single…luckily laziness won out !

3 Likes

Been in heavy debate with myself regarding the pros and cons of a slight idea i am having regarding my training. Basically, toying with the idea of NOT pulling conventional for awhile and switching over and using Trap Bar Deads as my pulling movement.

If (and when) I can afford one I’m thinking of picking one up.

1 Like

What, if any, are the cons to switching to trap bar that you can think of (other than it not being a true deadlift)? I’m having the same debate with myself since I busted up my hamstring, and I can’t think of any that aren’t ego related haha

Honestly none at this point…since I am not planning on doing any Full Meets any time soon. Plus a article I came across by Greg Nuckols regarding the Trap Bar has swayed me back into using it again.Plus im just so damn mentally burned out on conventional Deads since I have shit leverage for them and my hips dont like sumo .

Squat: 3 x 5 @ 350 …last set easy set of 10
GMs: 3 x 8 @ SW
**Step ups:**3 x 10 @ SW

Spent two days in a high lift 30 plus feet up doing PM work on 4 large industrial fans…Had to remove the blades while someone else removed the grim off of them then turned around and put them back on. Ugh killed my shoulders all the overhead work…so holding off a day since I had planned on Benching today.

^^ NOT MY WORK PLACE but same type of fan

1 Like

That’s so funny, they have those same fans in the covered rodeo arena here. I told them if they would let me, I would clean them because… ewwww. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@ChickenLittle in reality it sucked… whole time I was worried about dropping the blades and bending them from 30 feet plus in the air. Considering that the fans were the same sized as I have pictured it made for a nerve racking time because of the awkwardness …

1 Like

New Training cycle on Bench

Bench: worked up to a joke of 365 x 1
3 x 5 @ 325
Had a slight issue… off work so I was able to get in a good Breakfast of course as my nature I had a large cup of coffee. WELL…about a hour I latter I got ready for lifting and had took my pre workout. Caffeine overload! I was pretty jacked up…a little too much so! After my second set of 325 I started to bring up breakfast. Stomach decided it was time to expel everything, spent the rest of the session keeping everything down

Incline Bench: ( swiss bar) 30/3 @ 220 TR 25 … preoccupied with not projectile vomiting
Lying Tri extensions: 25/3 @ 115 TR 25
Face Pulls: 5 x 10 @ SW

1 Like

We had faith in you :grin:

Trap Bar Deadlifts: 5 x 3 @ 405… did not go heavy at all just wanted to get the feel for these again.
T -bar rows: 30/3 @ SW TR 31…Been awhile since Ive done these
GHR: 3 x 10…getting better at these again
Standing band crunches: 5 x 10

Regarding the Trap Bar… for a hybrid moment which is suppose to be more quad dominate my damn glutes …Hammies and hip felt pretty damned worked .

2 Likes

WOW didnt expect my glutes being so damn sore from the Trap Bar.

Wow am sure glad you found a pic online for that🤣

1 Like

1 Like

LIGHT BENCH DAY

Bench: 2 x 8 @ 265 …From here on out I will not exceed over 8 reps on Bench even on light days

Standing OHP: 3 x 5 @ 185 did 8 on last set didnt try for more. Probably stay with the same weight next week since it didnt really move as easy as I liked.

Neutral Grip Pull ups: Reps and a few sets
Arm curls: 25/3 @ SW TR (25)
Alt DB curls: 20/2 @ SW TR (18)…ehhh
SO SO session basically punched the clock.