Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Thats me…lol

1 Like

rackable-trap-1768

Getting close to time for me to get out the wallet and purchase the above pictured Rackable Trap bar from EliteFts. I am reaching the limit on what I can fit on my current Trap Bar faster than I expected … if my progress continues at its current rate ( not seeing any indications that it wont ,excluding a unexpected issue) I will exceed the bar capacity in less than 2 months.

2 Likes

Way to go.

1 Like

Would it be cheaper to buy 2 100 plates?

We have that bar where I train, and it’s great!! I’ve only done pulls/variations and shrugs so far; looking forward to trying OHP soon.

Enjoy when it arrives :slight_smile:

Actually I already have 2 100lbs plates Which I am using for the trap bar

Part of my issue is my collection of 45’s are various thicknesses Besides I just want a new toy for the garage

2 Likes

Well im holding off until I hit the point of no return… besides i will have to butter up the wife before hand…LOL

2 Likes

Give it to her as an anniversary/birthday/whatever present. Tell her you couldn’t decide between that and a new vacuum cleaner. She’ll get over it, eventually. If you’re tactful this actually works.

That’s a bold strategy, not sure if I’ve been married long enough to try that one yet, haha!

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan…just have to make sure I have the proper amount of lube. Because im pretty sure that she will insert part of that bar DEEP into some non descriptive location on my person

4 Likes

imagesCA2Y5UR8

LIGHT BENCH

Bench: 2 x 8 @ 305… shoulders were sore , so I brought grip in slightly. 2 very easy sets
Standing OHP: 5 x 8 @ 150 …10 reps on last set. Playing with the rep set scheme on these
Neutral grip pullups: reps x sets
Axel bar curls: 25/3 @ SW TR 27
One arm DB Incline curl 20/2 @ SW TR 17
Easy session…

1 Like

I have said this before… This is the most beautiful song I have ever heard.

1 Like

That’s some nice pressing there, big dog.

1 Like

If your talking about the light bench day…not really .

1 Like

Nice doesn’t always need to mean heavy, good volume and speed that allows for some extra blood flow and sets you up for the next heavy session. I still reckon that’s nice work. You sound a little down that the weight was low for you are you injured ?

1 Like

no not at all… when I say Light Bench it is part of my programming .

That’s what I thought, glad no injuries mate.

1 Like

Bulldog man

Squat: 5 x 3 @ 330 Technique and speed. Went with less of a foot angle again, hmmm noticing some major benefits. Weight felt light as hell.
Hip Belt squats: 3 x 10 @ SW
**GHR:**3 x 10… ill add another set next week
Some mid section work…

1 Like

Steak and eggs for Breakfast

youngest son sporting some abz…lol

2 Likes