T Nation

Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Most definitely… this has been the most intense cardio exercise I’ve done in years.

2 Likes

Bench
Incline
Dips
Barbell curls
One arm incline bench curl

2 Likes

Look at you go with your Bro chest and arms session. nice work

Whatever works is my motto.

1 Like

Tuesday… 35 minutes on airdye on top of the 6 miles of walking aquired through the day.
Yesterday:
Trap bar
Rdls
Ghr
Kneeling band crunches

1 Like

Hey BD, how are you finding the airdye sessions effect your weights sessions? Better recovery? Thinking of salting in some of that spanish myself…ca…ca…cardio lol

On one hand I’m already seeing improvement in work capacity and recovery between sets. BUT since I’m pushing it hard on the airdyne and haven’t adapted to the extra volume. Most of the lower body work under the bar has taken a hit. Of course the lower cal intake is not helping either.

2 Likes

BTNP: ok i decided i wanted to go back to these. did a easy set of 135 x10 back down 3x5 at sw . not pushing these hard until shoulder mobility catches up
Dips: a bunch
banded lateral raises: 50 total in 3 sets
db lying extensions: bunch
bent db flyes : bunch

Banded side laterals:

Good stuff. Think ill just stick to brisk walks, losing strength scares the crap outta me.

Well your forgetting im going 0 to 60 in a short amout of time with the airdyne volume and intensity wise. Plus I’ve pulled back on my caloric intake.

1 Like

Ah yes. Yeah, i guess you’ve gotta be willing to part with a little strength somewhere in the weight/fat loss journey.

1 Like

luckily on my end it will only be temporary until i reach the training body comp I want.

1 Like

You’ll get there as long as you control the food.

1 Like

I’m been dropping 3lbs a week like clock work with no slowing down yet. Based off different bench markers I’m using besides just the scales ill probably won’t need to be on this phase as long as planned. Since the end goal isn’t to get " ripped "

1 Like

NG pullups : a bunch
Pulldowns: 30/3 TR 31
One arm db rows: 35/3 TR 44
Face pulls: 40/3 TR
K rows: 35/3 TR 40

Going ahead and using what is known as the rep goal system again on a majority of secondary work.

1 Like

IMG_6714

Bullpup

1 Like

looking jacked … but that hair ?!

We don’t talk about that… :persevere:

2 Likes

Squats: top set for 8 back down for 3 x5

Piriformis getting better. Also I was able to bring my had spacing in with the Buffalo bar. Hmmm odd no real issues with doing so after.

Step ups 3 x 10 @ sw yeah screw lunges Bulgaria squats and the like. This was the first single leg I was ever introduced to many moons ago. See no reason not to do them in favor of the others.

GHR : 5 X 10… time to make them harder
GHR sit ups: 5 x10

1 Like

Airdyne tonight… got the new seat. My twins didn’t go all tingly and feel like they are going to fall off.

no-pressure-bicycle-bike-seat-comfortable-ergonomic--zoWpbAJ_nnOKA

2 Likes