T Nation

Bulldog: Building Old Man Strength

Bloody hell…i feel like I have been hit by a Mac truck. I knew It might be rough getting my groove back after the layoff. But someone forgot to inform my old carcass. In response im in the process of evaluating and doing some tweaking of stuff at the moment.

Rather than 10-15 years of experience, many dudes have 1 year of experience repeated 10-15 times.

2 Likes

Nice analogy… and probably on the money.

2 Likes

Hey BD,

New to the forum, been reading over your log, great stuff, the basics and good music, love it!! I like the pup dates too, strong and a good artist. Brilliant

Best
Rob

Welcome aboard… just for clarification the artist is my youngest. My oldest son is the one I call bull pup. Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it. You will find im not into over complicating stuff I like keeping it simple. Word of warning im also known to go into rants. So fair warning…lol

Cheers mate. Oh yes, love a good orl juicy rant lol

1 Like

Well son of a bitch…right shoulder joint is all inflamed. Guess ill hold off another day or so along with enjoying some icing and ibuprofen

1 Like

thumb_when-you-see-agym-ratwhose-arms-mystrength-all-are-bigger-220832

3 Likes

Well between the icing and ibuprofen the inflammation and swelling is down to the point that stuff doesn’t feel like something is grinding together in the shoulder.

3 Likes

I’m going to hold off a day and get back on my MWF schedule. Give the shoulder more time to chill out.

1 Like

A new one for you.
I’ve had a heart attack. What steroids should I use?

1 Like

1 Like

Even better than supplements / test one.

Very much so…

I didn’t know your son was watching when I met my wife.

Is her name Jane?

1 Like

cry havoc bulldog

First truly dedicated upper back session in years.
Pull ups: 25 total reps
Rack Pull (slightly below knee): Top set of 405 x 6 ,325 x 10… Focused on engaging the upper back through the movement.

Rack rows: 5 x 12 @ 185 lbs … nothing heavy focused on contracting and getting the elbows back.

V handle pull downs: 3 x 12 @ SW

Its been a long time since I have truly felt the meat coming off the bone. The volume was a shock to the system.

3 Likes

Well somebody’s going be hurting tomorrow… lol

Tomorrow? I’m feeling it now.

1 Like

Not good! :laughing:

1 Like