Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

bulldog head tilt

Ok changed my mind… things loosen up as the day progressed.

Squat: Worked up for a set of 6 staying within the cap i had set.

Felt easy as hell with no complaints from the right parfamoris.
Went ahead and worked up with easy triples. Stopped at only 360lbs for 1 when the parfamoris started to wake up and I started favoring my left.

Went down and did 3 x5 @ sw .lighter then planned since the things were getting cranky. Wanted to get in more technical reps in with the new form.

GMs: 5 x10 @ sw
Step ups: 3 × 10 @ sw
Standing band crunches: 5 x10

1 Like

^ youngest sons work

Band stuff as warm up

Bench: top set 290 x 3 just the very and i do mean bare minimum of reps. Right ac joint was grumpy as hell. Wasnt going to push it this evening.

Buffalo bar bench: 3x5 @ 225 all reps paused

NG pull ups: some

Seated Swiss bar French press: 50/5 @ sw Tr 52

Seated db cleans: 3x10 @ sw

Really wasnt a bad or good session… just a punch the clock and get out type. On a good note pull ups are getting easier

3 Likes

Thank God for the internet! Nothing like hearing certain people talk out their ass as authority figures on say size or strength. When they haven’t even reached a specific level themselves… mini rant over

Yes I’m on my period.

Also since I have a old school mentality and feel proof is in the pudding…

top-ten-experience-counts

2 Likes

So how, exactly, does a a guy 6"-2, 175lbs, get the idea that what he’s doing is working or the way to go when it achieves zero of his goals? And on top of it, his 1RM on anything is less than mine was the first day of lifting. Can no one look around at the gym and see the difference between what the big and strong guy is doing and what the scrawny guys are doing?

1 Like

Regarding that post… i have never understood how guys come on this site claiming 10 to 15 years of experience. Yet they don’t seem to have complete grasp on basic principles. Makes me question if the poster is for real or not. Also makes me question how motivated they are. Hell as a kid I remember buying books to halfway educate myself… along with getting in with the more accomplished guys.

2 Likes

Bloody hell…i feel like I have been hit by a Mac truck. I knew It might be rough getting my groove back after the layoff. But someone forgot to inform my old carcass. In response im in the process of evaluating and doing some tweaking of stuff at the moment.

Rather than 10-15 years of experience, many dudes have 1 year of experience repeated 10-15 times.

2 Likes

Nice analogy… and probably on the money.

2 Likes

Hey BD,

New to the forum, been reading over your log, great stuff, the basics and good music, love it!! I like the pup dates too, strong and a good artist. Brilliant

Best
Rob

Welcome aboard… just for clarification the artist is my youngest. My oldest son is the one I call bull pup. Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it. You will find im not into over complicating stuff I like keeping it simple. Word of warning im also known to go into rants. So fair warning…lol

Cheers mate. Oh yes, love a good orl juicy rant lol

1 Like

Well son of a bitch…right shoulder joint is all inflamed. Guess ill hold off another day or so along with enjoying some icing and ibuprofen

1 Like

thumb_when-you-see-agym-ratwhose-arms-mystrength-all-are-bigger-220832

3 Likes

Well between the icing and ibuprofen the inflammation and swelling is down to the point that stuff doesn’t feel like something is grinding together in the shoulder.

3 Likes

I’m going to hold off a day and get back on my MWF schedule. Give the shoulder more time to chill out.

1 Like

A new one for you.
I’ve had a heart attack. What steroids should I use?

1 Like

1 Like

Even better than supplements / test one.

Very much so…

I didn’t know your son was watching when I met my wife.