Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Good news man

1 Like

Good news mate, looks like itā€™s just me with a hernia then !! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Followed that link on diastasis recti - it still doesnā€™t sound like a picnic, depending on how extensive it is, though it is better than a full-on hernia.

Did the cutter have any recommendations?

ā€œSo the pain im experience is noting more than strained abdominalsā€

Remarkable. Glad to read that.

1 Like

@ChickenLittle @dagill2 @biker Thanks for the well wishes

Have to agreeā€¦at least I dont have to worry about being cut onā€¦recovery time and cost.

Better you than me I sayā€¦lol

Pretty much my orders areā€¦

1. take two weeks off and take it easy
  2. Doc wants me wearing a Abdominal Binder
  3. No maxing outā€¦ which isnt a issue since I dont max out in the first place. But I got a idea his view of heavy is different than my own
  4. Make sure I wear a belt for abdominal supportā€¦ Ok this ones going to take getting use too.

Been doing allot of research on the whole thing to come up with some protocols addressing things moving forward.

On a bright note Im in good company since Ronnie Coleman had the same issue and the gap I have developed isnt as pronounced as his.

rc%20abs

3 Likes

Isnā€™t this the same thing Power Puff had fixed?

No idea on that.

Iā€™ll check into it.

1 Like

If he doesnā€™t lift, you definitely have different ideas on ā€œheavyā€ lol

A little late, but congrats. Always good to find out youā€™re not falling apart as fast as you thought. :grin:

Keep posting, minimally, the dog stuff while resting.

Good news.
Use it well.

He liftsā€¦but more for fitness. The thing is the term heavy is so bloody vague and heavily dependent on the individual in question. In reality I do not consider that I am lifting extremely heavy since its mostly sub max and unless I mess around with say Joker sets I am in all reality working at most at 80-85% and in some cases less of a true 1 RM on my heaviest weeks .

Well I plan on running down to the local Farm supply store for bailing wire and duct tape so that I can keep things together if need be down the road.

oh planned on it.

Yeah I am taking it easy the next 2 weeks like the Doctor has commanded. Should allow a few other minor aches subside and recharge the batteries. Taking time to evaluate things I will need to slightly tweak moving forward.

2 Likes

cone

This sucksā€¦

1 Like

wife

I get my wifes concern at the moment and appreciate itā€¦BUT
I am not a dainty flower !

1 Like

off%20my%20lawn

9 more days until I hit the gym againā€¦

Well got a new Belt ā€¦ which doesnt feel like its going to cut me in half
spud%20deadlift%20belt

1 Like

Great belt. Conforms well.

Yeah I have toro lever belt and it just feels too uncomfortable to wear on deads. Spud has a prong power belt Iā€™m looking at that has a rubber core. Which from what I have read is more comfortable and doesnā€™t have a break in period.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m going ahead and ordering the belt i mentioned above since itā€™s relatively cheap at under $ 50 .

1 Like

Oh look, new toy!