T Nation

Bulldog: Building Old Man Strength

strength

cry%20havoc

Squats: 415lbs/ 188.24Kg x 8… had a rep or two in the tank. Strength was not the issue but conditioning was,damn I was sucking air at the end.
3 x 5 @ 325lbs/146.4kg ( side note… I squat belt less)

Hip Belt squats: 3 x 10 @ SW ( more than last week)
Goodmornings: 5 x 10 @ SW
Standing cable crunches : 5 x 10 @ SW
I give even odds I will be walking weird in the morning

Yep feeling it this morning

Well crap … With the arctic vortex coming in . Looks like I will have to postpone Wednesdays lifting until Thursday since I don’t have the means to heat up my garage to compensate for the temps they are calling for.

Stay warm. This weather is no joke.

Thinking of you!

36 in the garage this morning before work. I have a space heater that will get it into the low 40s today when I go to workout. I’m about an hour north of Indy, so I feel your pain.

When I left work this morning the wind chill was -26 lol.

Monday evening our parish school district announced school closings for Tuesday due to weather forecast.

Someone goofed. Tuesday weather was low 40s high 50s.

According to weather.com wind chill is -40 in my area right now. Why the hell did I get out of bed?

@clee78 yeah I got a taste of it today at work…ugh
@ChickenLittle yeah thanks that makes me feel sooooo much better
@ryno76 looked when I got home and my garage is slightly under 15 degrees I will be lucky if I can get it up to 35 degress ,besides I hate handling cold bars
@applesare I think goofed ids putting it lightly… both my sons colleges were closed today

Yeah, mine was 34. It being well insulated and attached to the house isn’t enough today. Think I’ll put today’s workout off to tomorrow.

Yeah mine is neither Insulated nor attached… Plus I dont want to burn a tank of LP just to try and get it to a bearable temp.

I thought it might!

You will happy to know it was a balmy 5 below zero when I left for work this morning.

Niiice! Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Don’t miss it!!!

That’s funny it was a relatively cool 60 f here’s this morning. Almost felt cold riding the motorbike to work!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunny::motorcycle:

Get your hands on another 20 of those t-shirts, put them all on at once and you might be on to something.

Funny… again laugh at my pain. I assume you do not deal with this type of weather we are having?

Beat%20up
Bench: (Big as Bar): 365 x 2 …Houston we have a problem! On the second rep my left Bicep screamed bloody murder.

Buffalo Bar Bench: skipped
Seal rows: 5 x 10 @ SW
DB incline press: skipped:
Tate presses : 35/3 @ SW TR 37

Ok… I got two option the way I see it. Back the hell off of the TM im using with that Bar or drop it. Now its not beating up my joints but the damn things is frying me pretty bad. I getting progressively weaker using it, considering my first session I killed 345 for the 7 . I am speculating that the slight difference in the bar path along with the just having to fight keeping the bar under control is causing fatigue.

How much do you like using the bar?