Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Like the 10,8,6 approach.

More of Jims stuff I’m toying with.

Ugh two things I find that bites me in the ass in a very short period of time at my age.

1. Not sticking with my established eating approach.
    2 . Getting away from doing some form of conditioning work.

Other wise :pig2:

2 Likes

Just for the record I’m not worried about being ripped. But my conditioning has dropped along with my body comp below where I want it to be.

Life happens. You’re still young enough to control body comp.

It’s called me being a lazy bastard

Ought to delete that post.

Which?

Minimally, the bastard reference.

No comment on lazy part.

1 Like

yes%20I%20squat

Squat: 370 x 5 … just called for reps
3 x 5 x 285
Was feeling some fatigue from the pulls from earlier in the week.

Belt Squats: 5 x 10 @ SW
Good Mornings : 5 x 10 @ SW… for clarification for anyone new reading. I do these strict and do not go insane on the weight.
Planks: 3 x 1 minute

2 Likes

Hey bulldog, do you have a post anywhere with your training/lifting history? All I know is you’re a big strong old(er) dude raising some big strong kids. I know you have decades of iron under your belt though and it’d be cool to hear more about how you got to where you are today.

I honestly can say I haven’t gone into allot detail on a individual post regarding my full history regarding lifting. If I have I don’t remember one specific post.At most a little here a little there. But if there is anything specific you want to know just ask.

1 Like

How do you do your belt squats?
I don’t have ( probably never going to get a machine).
I’ve thought of trying them, just not sure how to set up.

Pretty close to this gents pick. I set up in the rack so I can grab hold to something to maintain a upright posture

3 Likes

Thanks

No worries, I was just curious but I won’t make you write out your autobiography for me!

Lol it would be a boring autobiography. But I have no problems answering specific questions im pretty much a open book.

1 Like

Well I guess starting today to make things easier on those whom might take time to read my crap . I will post my number in lbs and kgs.

Stupid metric system :angry:

1 Like

Your welcomed … I have pretty much have decided to use these as my main assessory movement since I really dont find I get a whole lot out of single leg stuff. Things like step ups , lunges along with the rest .

too%20old%20for

Bench ( using big ass bar) 325lbs/ 147.5kg x 5… was like wrestling a damn Bear trying to keep it in the groove this time around
Buffalo Bar bench: 3 x 5 x 250LBs/ 113.5kg … all reps paused
Seal rows: a bunch … havent done these in a very long time
seal%20row
Incline DB press: 40/3 @ SW TR 38
Tate presses: several sets and reps @ SW
Band Pulls to throat: 3 x 20

2 Likes