Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

I was thinking a ‘throw-back’ picture, but the jeans would have to be tucked into cowboy boots or something right?..
My bad.

1 Like

As of late on here it seems…

cbcbce0f6b16a0a9d5214f0b4292f2bab23e3c4202bde18fd76158f551aca474-1

3 Likes

Are you suggesting you think gains are still possible after 2 years training?

As long as he meant 2 years of consistent, quality training, I should be good for 20 years worth of gains :joy:

1 Like

Ok i need the back story on that… 2 years? Do I even need to ask?

We should be extremely vague and talk about it a lot with no hints in bulldog fashion :joy: but that’s no fun

4 Likes

Oh no, it’s a man bun…better beat the crap outta him. Haha kidding!

1 Like

Its crossed my mind…the shame.

2 Likes

Yeah im keeping my opinion to myself… to a point.

Speaking from my own experience from what i have seen most average indviduals seem to take longer maxing out their potential.

I’ve always been taught that the first year will be when one will see the biggest gains. As long as the effort is there and training and diet plus recovery is all in order.

After which the rule of of diminished returns kicks in.
2 nd year maybe half of the first.
3rd half of 2nd… eventually it becomes a slow crawl.

2 Likes

When you get to my age, young man lol, it becomes a slow crawl backwards LOL.

Strength was never a strength of mine, but it sucks to become less and less mobile and athletic.

Good post. Nothing any young beginner wants to hear of course.

• yeah young man…:laughing:

• im almost in that boat. Most of the time its just doing stuff to just maintain a certain level. With a occasional bump up for a short period. Being athletic is pretty much out the widow… along with the fact I got to do mobility work or I pay for it.

• i don’t think it really applies to most new beginners anymore. Since most dont last long enough to hit the crawl stage. Either they quit or jump on gear which blurs the issue.

2 Likes

Bench: 3 x 8@ 255 lbs pretty damn easy
Incline bench: 230x10/220x12/210×10
Dips: 35/3 TR 34
Arm curls…who care
Db curls… really don’t care

1 Like

This surely has to assume with some amount of effort and structure to the training ? Plenty of people go to gyms get given a cookie cutter program and make no progress at all beyond the first couple of months of adaption.

Oh I mentioned that in the post…

Sorry mate too lazy to read it all properly today.

1 Like

No worries

1 Like

20201102_083219

Got some mobility work in yesterday…
Yep, it kinda sucked.

1 Like

Wish this guy was wrong…

Which we know hes not. :sob::sob:

Feeling a little worn down and beat up. Going ahead and shifting scheduled lifting day to tomorrow.