Bulking While on Cardio

Basically I am always determined to keep rather good fitness levels. I practice martial arts 3 times a week and the teacher does work on the stamina side a lot and we do lots of high intensity training.

I am worried about how much this can have affect my bulking cycle and looking for ways to minimise these losses, probably through nutrition.

What do you guys suggest? To consume more cals and more protein before and after my training?

thanks

eat more food all the time and gauge by your progress.

[quote]jdr23 wrote:
eat more food all the time and gauge by your progress.[/quote]

exactly eat for the activity and choose cardio/conditioning that relates well to your sport running a marathon prob not the best dont be afraid to try new things

Phil

Yes, just take in enough extra calories to offset the martial arts work. A post workout shake would be a good start (protein & carbs). If you find your bulk slowing, just up your calories by a couple hundred, and see where that puts you. Keep increasing until you are happy with your progress.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Yes, just take in enough extra calories to offset the martial arts work. A post workout shake would be a good start (protein & carbs). If you find your bulk slowing, just up your calories by a couple hundred, and see where that puts you. Keep increasing until you are happy with your progress. [/quote]

This is good advice. I did the MMA thing for 4 years and went from LHW to HW by following this exact same thing. You might find yourself getting winded a little easier when you add weight. I did. It takes some getting used to (I bulked rather quickly). Over time you’ll adapt.