Bulking When Already Looking Like ****

Hey guys, I have a wierd perdicament here. I’m 15 years old, 5’ 11", 123-125lbs. >_<

I never used to be this light, I used to be 5’ 10" 156lbs, but anorexia came…I’ll admit it.

Anyways, I would suppose I have a high body fat percentage, whether I would like to or not. I do have flat abs though, but still, I feel as though my chest is carrying too much fat and there is a layer over my abs. I am thinking that bulking up would solve this problem?

But what if my body fat % is already like 15 or whatever, wouldn’t I end up looking much fatter than I already do right now?

What weight do you recommend I bulk to and then begin to cut at?

Also, how much weight gain can I expect in my first week of bulking? (I hear you gain a lot the first week until your body adjusts to the huge amounts of food?)

Don’t worry about how you look right now… eat food and lift regularly. You are severely underweight.

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
But what if my body fat % is already like 15 or whatever, wouldn’t I end up looking much fatter than I already do right now?

Also, how much weight gain can I expect in my first week of bulking? (I hear you gain a lot the first week until your body adjusts to the huge amounts of food?)[/quote]

Yeah, you’ve got the right idea - Bulk.

Most would bulk up until about 18-20% body fat, before trimming back down to 10-12%. That’s the best range for gaining lean mass, where the body is most responsive to stimulus.

Actually, though, you claim to have had anorexia. I don’t think you can possibly trust your ideas of body fat percentage. So forget about it entirely.

Do this instead: Don’t even think of trimming down until someone calls you out as getting fat!

Then you can bulk again :slight_smile: For 5’11", you’ll need to be at least 200-210 lbs before random people will ever notice that you lift weights (while in street clothes).

You should gain 1-2 lbs. per a week. Eat a little less the following week if gaining more than that. Eat a little more if you aren’t gaining at all. It’s that easy, if you can stick to a plan.

Good luck.

Hey guys, I have a wierd perdicament here. I’m 15 years old, 5’ 11", 123-125lbs. >_<

I never used to be this light, I used to be 5’ 10" 156lbs, but anorexia came…I’ll admit it.

Anyways, I would suppose I have a high body fat percentage, whether I would like to or not. I do have flat abs though, but still, I feel as though my chest is carrying too much fat and there is a layer over my abs. I am thinking that bulking up would solve this problem?

Also, how much weight gain can I expect in my first week of bulking? (I hear you gain a lot the first week until your body adjusts to the huge amounts of food?)[/quote]

5’ 11", 123-125lbs I do not believe your have much fat on you at all, you say that you have visible abs, if you have recently suffered from Anorexia I believe you may still have some issues regarding this.

What would you like to do? Get bigger? Get stronger? Remain lean? You have to be certain about your goals so you can follow the right plan.

Please do not stress about your body fat percentage, if you want to add weight then yes you may add on a few pounds of fat round the waist as you build muscle elsewhere, and you may not see those abs for a while, does that bother you?

Work out what your specific goals are first before you decide how to reach them

Son, if you’re 5’11" and 125lbs, bodyfat shouldn’t even be in your vocabulary! I can only hope that you are overcoming the anorexia or are at least getting counseling for it. Before you even think about bulking or cutting, you need to get a grip on your self image. Understand that being “ripped” isn’t the only way to look good. Understand that at 15 years-old, your body isn’t even close to being developed yet.

As far as training goes, you should be in a constant state of “bulking” until you reach the age of 18!! Never read Muscle & Fitness or Flex! Do read the articles on this website. Also google: Joe Defranco west side for skinny bastards. Try to eat healthy, but make sure you eat a lot. Do not think about or even use the word “cut” for at least 7 more years!!!

If you’re serious, PM me and I’ll be glad to help you out.

What the hell is your problem you asked this same quation yesterday and we answered you. Go back and read.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1218061&pageNo=0

Go see a Shrink kid.

Who says you have to bulk? Well, aside from everybody else. Do you want to grow muscle? Eat. Do you want to get stronger? Eat.

At your weight, you need to gain something. There’s the 1-2 lbs a week. So be conservative. Eat to gain four pounds a month. You’ll still be lean, but you’ll gain mostly muscle.

at least 200

[quote]J.W. wrote:
Son, if you’re 5’11" and 125lbs, bodyfat shouldn’t even be in your vocabulary! I can only hope that you are overcoming the anorexia or are at least getting counseling for it. Before you even think about bulking or cutting, you need to get a grip on your self image. Understand that being “ripped” isn’t the only way to look good. Understand that at 15 years-old, your body isn’t even close to being developed yet.

As far as training goes, you should be in a constant state of “bulking” until you reach the age of 18!! Never read Muscle & Fitness or Flex! Do read the articles on this website. Also google: Joe Defranco west side for skinny bastards. Try to eat healthy, but make sure you eat a lot. Do not think about or even use the word “cut” for at least 7 more years!!!

If you’re serious, PM me and I’ll be glad to help you out.[/quote]

J.W. he isn’t serious, well maybe he’s seriously deluded becuase he’s be given all this info in the thread he started yesterday.

You are fucked man, you keep referring to being fat. How the fuck can someone with your stats possibly look like anything but a corpse. You still have anoxeria!! One just has to read your wording to see it. You didn’t like what you heard( the truth) in the other thread so you start another one. Get a fucking clue.

How about putting up a pic so we can how unhealthy you rally look? NO? Well I’ll assume that, because if you do you know you’ll catch a lot of shit being being an idiot. This is my last post to you. GET FUCKING PROFESSIONAL HELP!!

Guys, no, no, no, I am taking your advice. I don’t have a picture of myself with a shirt off, this is the best I have though. (The girl is one of my close friends, please no comments lol)

are you shittin me ?

Guys, no, no, no, I am taking your advice. I don’t have a picture of myself with a shirt off, this is the best I have though. (The girl is one of my close friends, please no comments lol)[/quote]

That girl is more muscular than you. Slap yourself.

…and quit bringing down the name of UnderArmour by using your body as a coat hanger for their merchandise. If I were the company, I would sue you for false advertisement.

[quote]JFS wrote:
are you shittin me ?

[/quote]

I would recommend he not shit for a while and try to reserve as much as possible.

…and get a haircut!

THIS is a fat person. You look horribly skinny. I can tell you just have bones for shoulders.

PLEASE GET HELP…or start eating.

I recommend McDonalds for bulking. See…you can continue to do Deadlifts and Farmer walks with the extra weight you’ll be carrying.

(The last part was a joke)

Shit. Looks like ended up on Anorexia Nation again. Fuck.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

That girl is more muscular than you. Slap yourself.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

now to the OP,I’m 5’11 at 220lbs and everyone swears I’m 180…which pisses me off,so until I look 220 I wont stop getting bigger.And yes it can be done because when I started I weighed 130lbs

Guys, no, no, no, I am taking your advice. I don’t have a picture of myself with a shirt off, this is the best I have though. (The girl is one of my close friends, please no comments lol)[/quote]

Kid, I beg to differ, you’re not taking anyone’s advice.
Sit yourself down and research this site for at least a total of 4 hours before even thinking about posting again. Go through the articles, go through Vrooms beginners thread. If you’re serious about your questions, then you’ll gladly spend the time to research the information contained in this site to find good info.

And the only reason I can find to comment on your girlfreind in your photo, is to say that I hope she doesn’t introduce you as her girlfriend. You need to get bigger!

While you’re surfing this site for hours, have a pen handy, and jot down some goals and plans that you find interesting and achievable. Then begin your journey towards growth.
Post again when you’ve set your goals and begun the trip.