Bulking Up for a Non-Superheavyweight Class

yeah thank you. im doing those things actually. im still pretty new so he only lets me snatch 40 kgs and clean and jerk 50. still learning the technique

im working mostly on strength though right now, im thinking there isnt much point to try to get my actual snatch and clean and jerk up until i can front squat around 200kgs, then if i learn the technique by then, they will increase pretty fast.

but if i were to snatch 1.5 BW and clean and jerk 2 times i’d be in the national team for the olympics by now haha.

i have a coach but everyone that goes there doesnt think hes so good. some of the girls have even gotten first places in their class… but its way easier for girls anyway. so its not like they dont know what they are talking about. hes mostly a coach for triathlon i think? or something. anyway

[quote]Hanley wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:
Hanley wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:
Hanley wrote:
You’re quite young and relatively inexperienced as a weightlifter right? Chances are if you “bulk” to the top of the 105 class now oyu’ll end up as 105+ years down the road.

It’s probably best not to force it. Let it come naturally over the years til your body finds the weight class it’s best suited to.

Hanley is one smart bastard.

Seriously…

Such wisdom from that one

?

It was a compliment…well, maybe not the ‘bastard’ part -but the rest of it was

'splain…?

I worded it quite badly so I was expecting a dig tbh!

[/quote]

…wasn’t how you said it, it’s what you said.
“Just train to be the best athlete you can and the weight class will sort itself out.”
…in a manner of paraphrasology

That’s wise advice…ya bastard :slight_smile: