Bulking Up: Best Supplements

Could you elaborate hard and heavy?

This will give you a rough estimate of how many calories you need:

http://www.johnberardi.com/updates/july262002/na_masscalculator.htm

Depeding on what your body responds best to and what you trainig for (size, strength or both) anywhere form 3-12 reps for the most part. And again each person will very how many sets per body part. But you will want to be lifting weights that will only allow you to hit those reps. So that would be hard an heavy not waits that that you can use doing p90x that is not heavy.

you still havent stated how many calories you HAVE been eating…

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
you still havent stated how many calories you HAVE been eating…[/quote]
any where between 2000 and 2200 on a good day

[quote]massattack8787 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
[/quote]

if you are not a troll, i feel bad for you

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
[/quote]

if you are not a troll, i feel bad for you[/quote]

LOOK im here for serious information not someone to make fun and that was a rough estimat

i looked up on “my fitness pal” and for me to gain it says i need 2860 calories a day, like i said im new to this stuff and really dont know much, why would i waste my time by sighning up for a forum making a profile and everything to troll, if you want to help than i apreciate it but dont make fun of me…thats why im here

Ok man, chill.

2000 to 2200 calories ain’t shit. No wonder you’re a twig. For many of us here that would be damn near starvation.

3000 is probably a good number to shoot for, to start with. Eventually you will likely need more than that. Record what you’ve been eating and post it for us. Then we can give you more detailed feedback.

You also need a new training program. For that, you need to be more specific with your goals (if you don’t have a goal, make one). If you’re just trying to get bigger, get on a bodybuilding split, pronto. Something like this, maybe ( Do This Routine Instead of That Dumb One - Competitive Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation ), though you could simplify it even more.

i looked up on “my fitness pal” and for me to gain it says i need 2860 calories a day, like i said im new to this stuff and really dont know much, why would i waste my time by sighning up for a forum making a profile and everything to troll, if you want to help than i apreciate it but dont make fun of me…thats why im here
[/quote]

ok ill give you the benefit of the doubt… its just the whole combination of P90x, eating everything in sight really being 2200 calories, etc is something a lot of us would imagine a troll saying

you’re maintaining your weight at 2200 calories, bump up to 3000. get at least 1.5 grams ofprotein per lb of body weight and the rest of your calories should come from carbs (oatmeal, quinoa, rice, potatoes etc) and fats (EVOO, EVCO, natty PB, egg yolks, animal fats etc)

haave a carb/pro meal something like 1.5 hours before you LIFT, sip on some whey and simple carbs (even table sugar is fine) during your workout and then another carb/pro shake or meal asap after your workout.

after eating 3000 calories per day for 2 weeks and still not gaining weight, add 300 calories per day. gaining too much fat (doubtful) scale back a bit.

oh and p90x is cardio, you need to get in the gym to put on some muscle, 4 weight sessions per week minimum IMO

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
Read the thread entitled “The New Damage”, it is only a few below this one. In it you will find tales of gluttony. Several times a week, try to emulate or one up some of these stories. And go…[/quote]

“If you don’t have an epic battle with food once every week you’ll be putting from the rough in the foreseeable future.” -Jim wendler

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[/quote]

ok ill give you the benefit of the doubt… its just the whole combination of P90x, eating everything in sight really being 2200 calories, etc is something a lot of us would imagine a troll saying

you’re maintaining your weight at 2200 calories, bump up to 3000. get at least 1.5 grams ofprotein per lb of body weight and the rest of your calories should come from carbs (oatmeal, quinoa, rice, potatoes etc) and fats (EVOO, EVCO, natty PB, egg yolks, animal fats etc)

haave a carb/pro meal something like 1.5 hours before you LIFT, sip on some whey and simple carbs (even table sugar is fine) during your workout and then another carb/pro shake or meal asap after your workout.

after eating 3000 calories per day for 2 weeks and still not gaining weight, add 300 calories per day. gaining too much fat (doubtful) scale back a bit.

oh and p90x is cardio, you need to get in the gym to put on some muscle, 4 weight sessions per week minimum IMO[/quote]

i apreciate the advice and ive tracked the amount of calories i have eaten today and its about 2700 and im probably going to eat again before bed due to getting up late, p90x really only helped me on the mat, other than that im fit and thats it, my goal is to hit 150 and dont laugh but start building, i realize im not really the right size but you have got to start somewhere and im patient, i have access to a wide variety of equipment and money really isint a big deal every once in a while,

^ok so you are maintaing your weight on, we’ll estimate a 500 calorie meal, 3200 calories per day… go for 4,000

as far as supps go: whey, creatine, fish oil caps and maybe a pre-workout and/or an intra workout drink is all you may want/need… you dont need to live on MAG-10 but if you have A LOT of money, why not?

also, i think supplementing zinc, magnesium and selenium is a must… our foods are so deficient in certain (mainly these) minerals

as for whey is that something i could or should drink more than once a day? i have alot of that but ive never really used it

as for whey is that something i could or should drink more than once a day? i have alot of that but ive never really used it
[/quote]

that depends… if you cant get enough cals/protein from whole food, then yes whey would be fine.

protein is protein though. remember that. protein from whey isnt any better than protein from beef or eggs. the main thing people like about whey is the fact that its quick digesting so its good for using before/during and/or right after you work out.

… that doesnt mean its bad to take when you’re pinched for time though. throwing some whey, PB and oats in the blender and chugging would be fine

listen i really apreciate this advise, i will use this advice to the fullest

listen i really apreciate this advise, i will use this advice to the fullest[/quote]

good, im glad… i wish i had some one to point me in the right direction when i first started out.

you dont need to but if you’d like, post the routine w/ exercises/sets/reps etc that you are planning on doing and we can critique it for you… woujld say your “diet” as well but your biggest concern regarding that should just be hitting your target macros and calories each day

First off I’m 19 years old and I’m 5’5" and around 125 lbs, I’m tired of being called twig, what can I do? I eat tons of food good and bad, and I work out every day, but its starting to get dishrartening seeing no results, I’ve stayed a consistent weight for about 4 years even after wrestling in highschool and hitting the weights often, is there any powders or supplements that are proven to work?

Im just asking for any help or ideas…ps I’m new here[/quote]

The last thing you should be doing is training everyday. If someone has difficulty gaining weight, they should not be in the gym everyday. Maybe try training 3-4 days per week, limit the number of sets your doing per bodypart. Your not giving your body enough time to recover between workouts. Limit the cardio your doing. You may think your eating enough, but your probably not.

2000 cals thats an ok sized post workout meal for me. Bump that up man. Work hard with the weights and work just as hard with the food. Track what you eat so you know where you are so you know how much to add when you stall.

^god i fuckin hate you fast metabolism… 'ers?