Bulking Up: Best Supplements

First off I’m 19 years old and I’m 5’5" and around 125 lbs, I’m tired of being called twig, what can I do? I eat tons of food good and bad, and I work out every day, but its starting to get dishrartening seeing no results, I’ve stayed a consistent weight for about 4 years even after wrestling in highschool and hitting the weights often, is there any powders or supplements that are proven to work?

Im just asking for any help or ideas…ps I’m new here

Your not eating enough or your not training hard enough (texting or off track in the gym)

I train pretty damn hard and eat everything in sight

Try switching to the low carb diet called the paleo diet and caveman diet.

[quote]anime wrote:
Try switching to the low carb diet called the paleo diet and caveman diet.[/quote]

Dude, he’s trying to GAIN weight.

OP, you should get a whey protein if you haven’t already. Jim Wendler’s suggestion for hardgainers is to slam down a shake immediately after eating a meal. This is a good way to increase protein and overall calories. From there, creatine monohydrate would probably be your next step.

Supplements aside, what’s your training program like? Also, have you ever actually tracked your calories intake? You’re probably overestimating how much you’re eating.

Whey and Oats.

Like Wendler said consume a shake immediately post-meal.

Massattack, you’re a classic example of the guy who says he is eating so much food and not gaining. You are not the first to say this and you’re certainly not an individual in the matter. The best thing you can do is what Cimmerian suggested, track your calories. I would do this for at least a week and write everything down in a notebook and tally up your calories each day-- I can guarantee that you’ll be surprised.

If you are very busy and have a hard time sitting down to eat, I would recommend a weight gainer. They can be expensive, but work. Make sure you eat at least 3 big meals a day, and drink two full servings of a weight gainer in b/w meals. If you do it right, that is over 5,000 calories / day. Do this for 3 months, every day. If that doesn’t work for you, you should just take up hacky sack or something.

[quote]massattack8787 wrote:
First off I’m 19 years old and I’m 5’5" and around 125 lbs, I’m tired of being called twig,[/quote]

[quote]
what can I do? I eat tons of food good and bad, and I work out every day, but its starting to get dishrartening seeing no results, I’ve stayed a consistent weight for about 4 years even after wrestling in highschool and hitting the weights often, is there any powders or supplements that are proven to work?

I’m just asking for any help or ideas…ps I’m new here[/quote]
Mass attack,

Please write down everything your ate yesterday.
By doing this you will get better feedback.

[quote]JLone wrote:
Mass attack,

Please write down everything your ate yesterday.
By doing this you will get better feedback.[/quote]
J Lone, I heart you.

Mass, absolutely tell us exactly what you’ve eaten in the last 24 hours.

Regardless, the best “supplements” for you right now are egg sandwiches, roast beef sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, cheeseburgers, milk, and orange juice. To name just a few.

Also…

I found “Part B” of your problem, but first things first.

I will record what I eat for a week, and I used to wrestle I don’t anymore…my weight training is actually p90x its pretty tough at times

That explains it, p90x is for fat loss and conditioning, not muscle mass

Read the thread entitled “The New Damage”, it is only a few below this one. In it you will find tales of gluttony. Several times a week, try to emulate or one up some of these stories. And go…

I went from 163 to 210 in a year and a half when I started powerlifting. I didn’t take any supplements (not saying you shouldn’t but it wasn’t in the budget for me). With that type of training I was always hungry. Google Dave Tate or JM Blakely for eating to gain weight you may find that helpful. I was in my late 20’s when I gained the weight, loved being that weight but I did run into some blood pressure and cholesterol issues.

[quote]massattack8787 wrote:
I will record what I eat for a week, and I used to wrestle I don’t anymore…my weight training is actually p90x its pretty tough at times[/quote]
AHAHA p90x?

While a good program for condiditioning, P90x will hardly help you achieve what you are looking for.

Take up a bodybuilding type split.

Troll or serious post?

eat everything in sight, and then eat everything in someone else sight. Simple as that. Weight gain is not complicated, but it’s not easy for those of us that are naturally thinner.

nix the 90x and get 5/3/1 on your ass. Or westside for skinny bastards. Eat everything in sight and the food on the plate next to you. Also if financially feasable consume a 50g casein shake with WHOLE milk right before bed.
there ya go…

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Troll or serious post?

eat everything in sight, and then eat everything in someone else sight. Simple as that. Weight gain is not complicated, but it’s not easy for those of us that are naturally thinner.[/quote]

I’m not a troll, I guess now that I see that dammaged post I realize that people eat a shit ton more than me, we did a lot of p90x for wrestling so I kept using it

Nah he’s not trolling. P90x is the first thing non-bber minded people think of when considering physique improvement.

3-4 of my friends do P90x as their way to stay ‘in shape’.

How many calories should I normally be consuming?and what should I jump up to?

How many do you consume now? I would suggest more than now.

Start by bumping 250 cals a week until yoiu start gaining. Once you start gaining hold there until you stop. Rinse repeat.

Also starting lifting hard and heavy other wise you wont be gaining muscle. Make sure strength is going up while your weight is going up.