T Nation

Bulking to 200!

^^^A pic from about year ago^^^:-

I thought I would finally register and post.

I have been bulking big time for the last 3 months as I have been stuck in a plateau with my training and eating [not eating enough and training lazily TBH]

This is my diet and split.

06:30 - Wake, Black coffee.

7am - Cardio [on designated days]

08:00 - 110g oats, in 100ml skimmed milk,
10 egg whites + 2 Yolks nuked in microwave,
black coffee, 2 x scoops of whey in water.

10:00 - 250g Chicken, 100g rice + veg.

13:00 Shake:2 x scoops whey, Flax oil, 50g oats, banana.

15:30 250g Chicken, 100g rice, veg.

Shake

17:30 Weights workout.

18:30 - 1 x scoop whey

19:00 150g lean red meat + 50g chicken,
100g basmati rice,
veg.

21:00 3 x rice cakes with cottage cheese [each one weighs 80g], 50g oats.

22:00 40g protein blend shake.

MONDAY
Evening = Shoulders

TUESDAY
Evening = Back and Biceps

WEDNESDAY
Morning Cardio = 30mins @ 65% MHR.
Abs

THURSDAY
Evening = Chest + Triceps

FRIDAY
Evening = Legs + Calves

SATURDAY
Biceps + Triceps [or a body part that I feel needs to be hit twice a week]

SUNDAY
Abs

I am at 185lbs at the moment so alot more work and eating needs to be done!

Hopefully in another 3 months time I will be able to post some decent pics

Now

another

last one

Im in no position to say anything bad as I have only been working out for a few months, maybe twice a week. Only started getting serious a few days ago when I realised I got some ass to lose and some chicks to meet. lol. I would say your pic from a year ago is where I am now but my arms are a bit smaller. So where you are now is damn good in my opinion. You say this is from just 3 months?

Id like to know, coz I am aiming to bulk up and slim down by the end of 3 months. Just in time for college :slight_smile:
So 3 months?

I think the fact that you’ve posted your before and after pics, shows that you are fairly proud of your results, and that’s all that matters really.

You look more solid and appear to have made progress that you’re satisfied with during this 3 months and that’s great, congrats.

Don’t fall into the trap of easing off now because you’ve seen progress or because your results from here don’t continue along the same rate as you’ve seen so far. Progress may diminish but stay focussed and maintain the intensity during workouts.

[quote]vivalabarry wrote:
Im in no position to say anything bad as I have only been working out for a few months, maybe twice a week. Only started getting serious a few days ago when I realised I got some ass to lose and some chicks to meet. lol. I would say your pic from a year ago is where I am now but my arms are a bit smaller. So where you are now is damn good in my opinion. You say this is from just 3 months?

Id like to know, coz I am aiming to bulk up and slim down by the end of 3 months. Just in time for college :slight_smile:
So 3 months?
[/quote]

First of all, nice to see another South African on here. Anyway, you are deluding yourself if you think you will achieve anything by bulking up and then cutting down in 3 months.

OP, I see a fair difference - just keep it up. Don’t aim for 3 months, make it a year and then post more pics.

Hi guys.

To answer a few questions.

No I don’t look like I do from the last pic in 3 months. Its been more like 9 months lifting the same weights [light] for a 3 day split with no real enthusiasm, eating 3/4 square meals a day… then changing my whole lifestyle about 3 months ago, getting a journal, dietician/training advice, lifting heavy to failure, drop sets, supersets and putting 100% into every day. I have been almost the same weight for the first 9 months - but made most of my gains in the last 3.

I am not bulking/cutting, you cannot do both - one or the other. So I am ‘clean’ bulking - so I haven’t put on too much fat. If you decide to ‘clean’ bulk you may find you will loose alot of fat due to how difficult it is to consume enough calories cleanly, also with more LBM your metabolism will speed up burning more calories. As someone said to me 'its much easier to loose body fat on a built frame.

I only posted on here to sort of say this is what I look like now - then post more progress pics to see where I am then. Then hopefully start a cut when I get to a point where I have enough LBM to do so.

Cheers for the input though - and to be honest after reading some of the other guys posts on here I am surprised I have got in the 4’s! :slight_smile: Cheers.

Chris

Good bulk so far. You don’t look like you gained too much fat. Don’t stop.

Some more pics

Click here:-

Click

Oh and my diet:-