Bulking This Winter

I’m hoping people here will be more helpful than at bodybuilding. I couldn’t actually get an answer just mocking and “go follow a routine, you’re obviously not ready to do your own program.”

First off I have been lifting for 4 years and have gained significant strength and a little size. This winter I want to do a significant bulk. I always want as much info as I can get to make sure I’m doing everything as correctly as I can.

For diet I maintain body weight at 2200-2300 cals, and lose at 1800. Should I be aying 2500 to bulk?

For working out I’ve gained size by doing 6 reps of 10-12 sets with 4 different exercises and a 5 day split. I wasn’t eating for size however so I don’t know if this adequate for a good bulk. Should I keep with this when I eat for it or is this not as good as it could be?

Depends on a lot of factors:
age?
height?
weight?
numbers on main lifts?

1 Like

I’m 28, 70 inches, 215 lbs unfortunately not all muscle. I am on trt keeping my levels in the 7-800 range.
1RM: squat 520, bench 275, seated row 230.

For clarification… your doing 10-12 sets per sessions divided among 4 different exercises, correct?
or do you mean your doing 10-12 sets per exercise for sets of 6?

Sorry I was super tired meant 6 sets of 10-12 reps per exercise

Ah good lifting number, not really a beginner.

Both get on a high volume program that will raise your maintenance level/metabolic rate and up your calories to 2800-3000(clean foods/no sugar crap etc)

Either these fit the bill for your strength levels…

1 Like

Mate if those stats are correct you DO NOT maintain on 2200 calories, you are counting them incorrectly or guestimating incorrectly! I can assure you, at 215lbs squatting 520 you are NOT maintaining on 2200 cals!

520 squat my ass.
Start by being honest, and maybe you’ll get honest help.

1 Like