Bulking, Take a Look At My Routine

Right so anyway

I wrestled all through high school, and because of that I kept my weight down to 145lbs at 6’2. I did this obviously because it helped the team plus I was pretty decent there.

Anyway now I am trying to actually look like a fucking man so here is what I’ve done the past few months (been inconsistent the last 2 weeks for some reason)

Bench: Ramp sets then 3x5 at 175lbs
Squat: Ramp sets then 3x5 at 255lbs
Deadlift: just 1x5 at 255lbs

I’ll throw in curls core work and a few other smaller exercises. But keep in mind I am doing this in my basement. I do believe I need to join a gym to keep up the motivation, and have access to targeting areas on certain days…

Right now I weight about 170-175

[quote]calibreeze wrote:
Right so anyway

I wrestled all through high school, and because of that I kept my weight down to 145lbs at 6’2. I did this obviously because it helped the team plus I was pretty decent there.

Anyway now I am trying to actually look like a fucking man so here is what I’ve done the past few months (been inconsistent the last 2 weeks for some reason)

Bench: Ramp sets then 3x5 at 175lbs
Squat: Ramp sets then 3x5 at 255lbs
Deadlift: just 1x5 at 255lbs

I’ll throw in curls core work and a few other smaller exercises. But keep in mind I am doing this in my basement. I do believe I need to join a gym to keep up the motivation, and have access to targeting areas on certain days…

Right now I weight about 170-175[/quote]

Whats your nutrition like?

Eh, I don’t eat very clean at the moment, but I do eat.

I’ve run out of food now going on like a week or so

But the norm is

Boneless skinless chicken breast
Nuts
Oatmeal
3 days a week - chicken soup and fries for lunch (yeah lunch break at school)

Supplements
Mass XXX
Whey protein
Creatine
Fish oil
L-glutamine

Damn. The lack of variation in tha twould absolutely kill me.

Do some vertical pulling/pressing, and power cleans. In fact, do starting strength. Your current program isn’t so much BAD as it is… a bit TOO basic.

Supplement your diet with a straight up pound (or half-pound, if your parents won’t buy enough) of ground beef (leaner cuts are acceptable). This’ll give you some saturated fat and protien that it looks like you’re lacking. And if you’re eating a pound of beef, you can save on creatine (I know creatine’s cheap, but you’ll be getting 5g creatine/lb of red meat).

I see
I need to get a gym membership to get the other lifts in.

How cheap is ground beef? I usually buy my own food now

Yes, find a gym to enroll in. If not; buy more stuff to do your own workouts with.

Cheap foods:
eggs
milk
beef
olive oil
pasta
rice
oats
bulk protein(aim for $4/lb)

chicken is fantastic if you wanna buy it; but at 3-5 bucks a pound there are better options. unless you know someone who owns a business and can get it for $1.30/lb (like me)

[quote]calibreeze wrote:
I see
I need to get a gym membership to get the other lifts in.

How cheap is ground beef? I usually buy my own food now[/quote]

Ground beef is between $3 - $6 a lb depending on how lean it is and how much you buy at 1 time. The leaner the pricier of course. These are current prices in New Jersey.

Better yet, see if you can find a local farmer or butcher. I picked up 200lbs of grass fed beef in a verity of cuts, including ground beef, for $2/lb. Very lean, high quality meat.

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
Better yet, see if you can find a local farmer or butcher. I picked up 200lbs of grass fed beef in a verity of cuts, including ground beef, for $2/lb. Very lean, high quality meat.[/quote]

What the hell were you doing with 200 pounds of meat? doesn’t it go bad after like a week? :S

Put it in a freezer, and you’re set for a few months. Plus, my intake is around 4500 cals a day, so I go through it quickly enough. Makes shopping much quicker as well.

I get fresh veggies from local farmer each week (well I did, up until the season ended last week), so I pretty much just have to pick up odds and ends like milk and spices. Works well, saves time and money, and the food is higher quality.

Oh, right. Freezer.