T Nation

Bulking / T-Boosters

My original goal was to try and cut, but at the current location I am at; its impossible. So, just like everyone here advises, Hit 200lbs, and then I can talk. So I am 5’7 and 9lbs away. I have read a ton of info on here and used it towards my advantage. Just like the articles say, my strength has increased alot since I have been bulking, as well as my size. I figure I have a month left to go and was wondering how some of the Testosterone Boosters worked? I was thinking about Alpha Male, but wanted to hear what you guys had to say about it, as well as other boosters you might have tried. Even if you have good feed back on NO products or anthing like that. Thanks for any info guys, let me know if you have any other questions about my goals/etc…

[quote]Mr ian wrote:
My original goal was to try and cut, but at the current location I am at; its impossible. So, just like everyone here advises, Hit 200lbs, and then I can talk. So I am 5’7 and 9lbs away. I have read a ton of info on here and used it towards my advantage. Just like the articles say, my strength has increased alot since I have been bulking, as well as my size. I figure I have a month left to go and was wondering how some of the Testosterone Boosters worked? I was thinking about Alpha Male, but wanted to hear what you guys had to say about it, as well as other boosters you might have tried. Even if you have good feed back on NO products or anthing like that. Thanks for any info guys, let me know if you have any other questions about my goals/etc…[/quote]

I have used Alpha Male many times while both bulking and cutting. Increased test is obviously beneficial at both (all) times. When cutting it will help maintain muscle while cutting calories and while bulking increased test will help with the lean mass gains and minimize the fat gains. Factor in the addition of Carbolin 19 in Alpha Male and it’s anabolic horsepower and you can’t go wrong.

D

I was thinking about getting the Alpha Male with ZMA, but wasnt sure if it was too much for my body to take.

[quote]Mr ian wrote:
I was thinking about getting the Alpha Male with ZMA, but wasnt sure if it was too much for my body to take.[/quote]

No, it’s not too much for your body to take. Zinc and Magnesium are minerals that are often deficient in people particularly athletes. By supplementing with them you create a more favorable environment for test production and bolster immune function.

D

so should I actually cycle these? Take often? Or just take it when I am cutting to help with the lean muscle mass? As much as I am enjoying eating what ever I want, I cant wait to get this weight off of me.

[quote]Mr ian wrote:
so should I actually cycle these? Take often? Or just take it when I am cutting to help with the lean muscle mass? As much as I am enjoying eating what ever I want, I cant wait to get this weight off of me.[/quote]

ZMA, like Flameout or REZ-V is something that if you can swing it should be included in your regular supplementation for overall good health and to help with your gym goals.

Alpha Male can be used for up to twelve weeks straight before a two week break is recommended. I would say keep rolling with Alpha Male for now and when you get to your cut cycle switch over to HOT-ROX Extreme. They both contain Carbolin 19 which is suitable and potent for either cutting or bulking.

D

I’ve been taking ZMA for about 2 months now and I can’t say whether or not it has helped me because I’ve had no blood work done as evidence to increased T-levels. I also recently purchased a bottle of Alpha Male, but I have not begun taking it.

I am still a little skeptical of a natural T-booster. I’ve done searches and haven’t found any concrete proof that T-levels can be increased this way. Could someone direct me to some factual information that proves the legitmacy of these things?

I don’t really consider morning wood and the desire to nail everything with tits and a gap proof of increased T-levels. I mean I’ve had that going on for quite some time now.

[quote]hodblefman wrote:
I’ve been taking ZMA for about 2 months now and I can’t say whether or not it has helped me because I’ve had no blood work done as evidence to increased T-levels. I also recently purchased a bottle of Alpha Male, but I have not begun taking it.

I am still a little skeptical of a natural T-booster. I’ve done searches and haven’t found any concrete proof that T-levels can be increased this way. Could someone direct me to some factual information that proves the legitmacy of these things?

I don’t really consider morning wood and the desire to nail everything with tits and a gap proof of increased T-levels. I mean I’ve had that going on for quite some time now.[/quote]

Well, let me reach into my pocket and pull out the road map to the holy grail of articles that emphatically states “tribulas works”.

That question comes up so often however, I do understand peoples desire to have ironclad proof a product is going to give them what they want. I, myself can’t point you to that study or article, but I can tell you that since first using TRIBEX after a MAG-10 cycle back around 97 or 98 I have been a loyal TRIBEX then Alpha Male user.

No, not because it gives me raging hard ons and the desire to hump lamp posts, but because it has always delivered what I was looking for in terms of increased recovery from lifting sessions, increased energy and drive to workout. I am a believer that if you use it right accompanied with good overall nutrition and lifting it delivers results and there are thousands of users that would agree with that.

The best thing for you to do would be try it and see what it does for you. If you are a non responder or feel it doesn’t work, then you know from your own experience. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Take care,

D

Dedicated I highly appreciate all your help man. Sounds like a great idea with the HOT-ROX while cutting and Alpha Male while bulking. I am going to look into the HOT-ROX thing first before I get the stuff. I want to make sure that its not going to be like taking Hydroxycut or any of that crap. I dont want something that will mess with my Heart/increase body temp levels. In anycase I am def going to get the ZMA this weekend, and either the Alpha Male or Some type of booster. I am currently taking (on a normal/no breaks) Creatine Mono, ON Whey, Milk Thistle, BCAA, Multi-Vit, and Fish Oil.
If you have anything other info/tips I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

[quote]Mr ian wrote:
Dedicated I highly appreciate all your help man. Sounds like a great idea with the HOT-ROX while cutting and Alpha Male while bulking. I am going to look into the HOT-ROX thing first before I get the stuff. I want to make sure that its not going to be like taking Hydroxycut or any of that crap. I dont want something that will mess with my Heart/increase body temp levels. In anycase I am def going to get the ZMA this weekend, and either the Alpha Male or Some type of booster. I am currently taking (on a normal/no breaks) Creatine Mono, ON Whey, Milk Thistle, BCAA, Multi-Vit, and Fish Oil.
If you have anything other info/tips I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help.
[/quote]

Your supplementation program looks pretty good. My only suggestion is continue your supplement education and a good place to start is the T-Nation store.

By reading up on the different products there you will have a better understanding of their roles such as ones that should be standards in your plan like fish oil or ones to be used and cycled depending upon goal.

I don’t think HOT-ROX will give you that over stimulated jittery feeling unless you are highly sensitive to these compounds and it is far superior to that other product you mentioned. If I can ever be of help shoot me a PM.

Take care,

D

[quote]hodblefman wrote:

I don’t really consider morning wood and the desire to nail everything with tits and a gap proof of increased T-levels. I mean I’ve had that going on for quite some time now.[/quote]

ZMA is not going to significantly increase test. It’s main function is to regulate body functions and promote good sleep. Which has an import on training and general well-being.It does have some effect however and has been shown to decrease the aromatization of testosterone to estrogen.

Alpha Male has been shown to incease test. People here have had blood work done. The tangible impact of this will depend on the indiviual. It’s going to be much more efficacious for those with low-normal test or normal test than those with naturally high-normal testosterone.

It’s not exogenous testosterone, and some guys will not have much room for improvement in that department without an exogenous substance. The actual degree it raises testosterone also varies from indiviual to individual even in those with roughly the same hormonal profiles. But it is still great supplement and very useful for some. Less useful for others.