Hi, I've been bulking for just over a month now and have started to gain a little belly. I weigh 135 and have been in athletic shape all my life (a bit skinny too). As a beginner who has always been slim, this belly issue is worrying but as I have read loads of stuff on this website I knew what I was getting myself into.
I eat roughly 3000-3500 calories per day
My question is, if I put on a bit of fat, will this serve as energy reserves if for instance I eat 2000 calories for a few days, so that I can still train hard, or do I still need the food? Also, would this help me lose the fat?
Basically I want to put on as much muscle as possible with as little fat as possible (the golden ratio). I eat 90% clean and the other 10% is pretty good too. Please appreciate my psychological issues with gaining fat for the first time (I don't mind, but I'd rather keep it to a minimum).