Bulking Rep Ranges

Alright so I am into my bulk right now. Should I be focusing on rep ranges like 3-5 or higher since Im bulking…?

Lots of ways to do it but a quick suggestion. Make about 50% of your working sets from 6-12 reps, 25% from 1-5 reps, and 25% from 12-20 reps. For size you want to cover the spectrum but the mid number is the classic recommendation.

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:
Lots of ways to do it but a quick suggestion. Make about 50% of your working sets from 6-12 reps, 25% from 1-5 reps, and 25% from 12-20 reps. For size you want to cover the spectrum but the mid number is the classic recommendation.[/quote]

x2

I would add that whatever rep range you haven’t used in a while will probably induce some growth.

your bulking phase should encorporate some sort of hypertrophy training, typically rep ranges 4-6 and >80% 1RM is deemed strenght, u should be focusing on a structure based around hypertrophy which is again typically 8-12 reps of 60-75%1RM.

If your in a rut, then shake up your exercises, change rest periods change tempo etc.

Lots of ways to do it but a quick suggestion. Make about 50% of your working sets from 6-12 reps, 25% from 1-5 reps, and 25% from 12-20 reps. For size you want to cover the spectrum but the mid number is the classic recommendation.[/quote]

I was sitting behind a red light today when I decided to modify my routine to accommodate such parameters for hypertrophy. Good call, Tim.

I also believe rotating rep ranges is best for anything; the majority of the volume should be in a specific rep range (that’s what I think, anyway) depending on your specific goal.

agreed.

And keep the rest breaks short (30-60 seconds) for about 50% of the time.

20 rep squats baby… if your man enough, lol

but seriously, I’m gonna wait a while before I do that again, that was pure hell…