Bulking Question

can i do some light running throughout the week to slow down the fat gaining process a little on my bulk without hindering any muscle gain whatsoever?

Your body will explode.

It’s about balance. If you run, that’s a few more calories burned. right? So that means you’ll have to increase your intake a bit to compensate. Problem solved.

Look at some of Berardi’s Articles about the idea of G-flux.

[quote] boyscout wrote:
your body will explode[/quote]

Priceless.

yeah i figured it wasnt possible but it was worth a try

You missed it. You can do cardio but you may need to make up for it by eating a bit of extra cals if you are not gaining. As stated above, read Berardi’s article on G-Flux.

To summarise G-Flux in one sentence.

The guy who burns 3500 kcals but only eats 3000kcals looks much better than the guy who burns 2500kcals but only eat 2000kcals, duh.

Just do some low intensity cardio on your off-days, and eat more food if your scale weight grinds to a halt, or if your strenth gains slow to a halt. This is all trial and error. Don’t make this complicated.

[quote]boyscout wrote:
Look at some of Berardi’s Articles about the idea of G-flux.[/quote]

This.

You can do cardio but you should have an idea of how much total training you are doing in a week. Once you know how much you are doing and how you are consuming you make the choice of uping intake or back off on cardio.

I myself am not a fan of the so called “dirty-bulk” so I always keep in some cardio. Even if it is only 2-3 20 min seesions a week.

Nick

[quote]Z2nd_Comng wrote:

I myself am not a fan of the so called “dirty-bulk” so I always keep in some cardio. Even if it is only 2-3 20 min seesions a week.
[/quote]

Agreed. I spend some time on the weekends out walking around or hiking. Today I did a quick hike in a local park (about 45 minutes).

Cardio doesn’t have to be limited to being a gerbil on a wheel.

More cardio ideas:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=548070

Fun Cardio Ideas

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Just do some low intensity cardio on your off-days, and eat more food if your scale weight grinds to a halt, or if your strenth gains slow to a halt. This is all trial and error. Don’t make this complicated. [/quote]

FOLLOW THIS ADVICE.