Bulking on a Christmas Bonus

I’m currently bulking. Just got a Christmas bonus. I expect to to bulk for another three to four months.

Right now I take the basics, vitamins, fish-oil, getting my protein (although always willing to try a new protein), creatine, and eating a ton.

So lets say I’m willing to drop an extra $2-$300 for the next couple months from my Christmas bonus for some additional foodage or supplements. What should I get? I’m talking about stuff that will really help me put on some good mass while I’m taking them (no just give me a pump or water weight).

I know doing this could lead to a habit of spending more than I normally do longer-term, but that’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Any advice on something I could take for two-three months to help with a bulk that I might normally consider “extra”, i.e. not necessary but helpful?

Cheers

how is the bulk on your normal budget going?

my advice would be to treat yourself to lamb occasionally. red meat of any variety would do. get your hands on some wild salmon if you can. hell, just buy a copy of bowden’s 150 healthiest foods on earth and go to town on anything that sounds tasty. perhaps add superfood and fa3 too.

about 3 weeks of Anaconda protocol?

More food?

More cow.

I’m with E99, definitely get salmon in your diet. Maybe some better cuts of red meat, whole wheat pasta, nuts, EVOO, blueberries or Superfood, almonds, walnuts, etc.

Lab rat for Anaconda/MAG-10?

[quote]Spartiates wrote:
I’m currently bulking. Just got a Christmas bonus. I expect to to bulk for another three to four months.

Right now I take the basics, vitamins, fish-oil, getting my protein (although always willing to try a new protein), creatine, and eating a ton.

So lets say I’m willing to drop an extra $2-$300 for the next couple months from my Christmas bonus for some additional foodage or supplements. What should I get? I’m talking about stuff that will really help me put on some good mass while I’m taking them (no just give me a pump or water weight).

I know doing this could lead to a habit of spending more than I normally do longer-term, but that’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Any advice on something I could take for two-three months to help with a bulk that I might normally consider “extra”, i.e. not necessary but helpful?

Cheers[/quote]

I’m going to provide a SECRET list - the really good shit that will get your jack on like none of the non-secrets out there.

Here it is - my revolutionary… innovative… progressive… never-before-seen… radical… extraordinary list of foods that will get you jacked at an alarming rate:

Fish
Poultry
Pork
Beef
Eggs
Veggies
Nut butters
Fruits
Seeds
Grains
Oils
Dairy products

The things that you have to tell people these days… UNBELIEVABLE!

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]Spartiates wrote:

Cheers[/quote]

I’m going to provide a SECRET list - the really good shit that will get your jack on like none of the non-secrets out there.

Here it is - my revolutionary… innovative… progressive… never-before-seen… radical… extraordinary list of foods that will get you jacked at an alarming rate:

Fish
Poultry
Pork
Beef
Eggs
Veggies
Nut butters
Fruits
Seeds
Grains
Oils
Dairy products

The things that you have to tell people these days… UNBELIEVABLE![/quote]

Hey Bricknyce, I wanted to ask your opinion on something.

Whats your general thoughts on grains? I see that you included them in your list, and seeing as how many people avoid them, even when gaining, I just wanted to know how you feel about them in regards to health, fat gain, etc.

Thanks for your reply.

Unlike what you’ve said, I’ve not seen one person who has gained a shitload of muscle or performed at a high level without consuming SOME grains. So I’m not sure who you’re speaking of.

I do agree with many that most people don’t need as many grains as the common person consumes; hence why people are getting pretty darn fat these days. Most people aren’t set up to do well on high-carb diets.

When I speak of grains, I mean all grains and grain products: whole-wheat pasta, whole-grain bread, oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, and so on.

I forgot to add beans and tubers (cassava, potatoes, yams) to that list, which all big dudes and high performers eat too.

I’m with the consensus that has been repeated ad nauseum here on T-mag and elsewhere; people should eat grains and starchy vegetables after workouts and in the first quarter or half of the day. Granted, there are dietary strategies and situations that require further restriction of them, but I go with that general rule.

Refer to Lonnie Lowery’s and Chris Shugart’s most recent article on carbs on here.

Hey I am brand-new to T-Nation so feel free to edit this as you see fit.

Speaking from personal experience the best way to gain weight is to start off by drinking ridiculous amounts of water, Green Tea and eating tons of Fiber. I know this sounds like common sense but when you take those staples and make them your bitch, I found that once I did these things I created a much larger appetite, and cravings that lead me to eat foods containing lots of mass building pound packing goodies.

Hope this was in someway helpfull,
Cheers,

whole wheat pasta
** red meat
i add oats to my shakes
also peanut butter on top of normal quick oats in the morning is loaded with calories
lots of water also

Thanks for the replies. So it sounds like the verdict is don’t do extra supplements, just eat more high-quality healthy whole foods? I can do that.

Egg nog is what I’ve been using.