Bulking Newbie's Bulk

Ok so I’m going to be using the SuperHero Program by CT, http://www.T-Nation.com/portal_includes/articles/2006/06-021B-training.html , and following the Massive Eating Reloaded by Berardi.

I was however thinking about carb cycling, because as an FFB I tend to be pretty carb sensitive if they’re not being used for direct work (lifting, sports, etc.) I will most likely have a low carb day once a week, and replace my cals with more protein and fats.

My supplement list is as follows:

ZMA, Flameout, BCAAs, Creatine, Carbolin 19. I don’t count Metabolic Drive and Surge and multi-vites and all that shit as supps.

Stats:

5’10"
170 lbs
~9% BF

Goals:
By the end of the 12 weeks, I hope to gain somewhere around 3-5 lbs of LBM. I won’t be skimping on the food, because although I don’t like the idea of gaining some chunk, I am comfortable with it and willing to make the sacrifice as long as I’m gaining muscle.

During the last 2 or 3 weeks of the program I’ll be coming up with a new plan for my next training cycle, which will most likely be 5x5. I’ll take a week off, then get into it again. I’m going to be on this bulk until next march, and my goal is to have put on 15 lbs of lean mass by then.

I’ll post some of my fat pics from a few years ago, and some “before” pics of me now (“before” obviously being relative to the bulk).

Berardi’s Massive Eating has me at 4250 kcals a day for maintanence. I think that might be a little ridiculous, but I’ll do it until I start getting too fat too quick.

I have a question though: I’m at 2100 kcals daily right now, and in 3 weeks I need to get up to 4250. Should I follow Berardi’s idea of going up by 250kcal a week, and just be up to 2850 and start the bulk?

Should I try to bump it up by 500 a week instead?

Should I go by 250 a week and wait until I hit 4250 to start the training program?

thoughts, opinions, etc.

you add 2000kcal in 2 weeks and unless your an ecto you get fat quick. Take your time and bump it 500 in the first week and maybe 250/week after that… I was in your place about 2 months ago and I shot up from 2800kcal to about 4000kcal in a matter of about 2 weeks and I started gaining about 1.5 pds a week - I was making good gains but I could have been doing just as well with around 3500kcal

Thanks, Mark.

What I’m going to do is wait 3 weeks to start this instead of two weeks, which will suck because I’m really excited for this.

I’m going to increase my kcals by 50 cals daily until I hit 3150 on the 27th. Then I will start training on monday the 28th with a 3200 daily kcal intake, and I will keep increasing until I hit 4250.

The Quality Mass diet says I should be getting 3168 on training days anyway, so no big deal. I’m going to keep increasing until I hit Berardi’s recommendations, then see where it goes from there.

If it start gaining too much fat I’ll cut back, and if not maybe I’ll even eat more. Either way I just can’t wait to EAT.

I’m still going to cycle cals and carbs when I get to Berardi’s recs as well.