Bulking Help

Are there any T-Nation articles on how to bulk? I know its recommended to eat 200-300 calories over maintenance to minimize fat gains.

I want to know what kind of calories I should be eating? Should I eat more carbs, less protein? More of both? More fat?

[quote]Bestmiler wrote:
Are there any T-Nation articles on how to bulk? I know its recommended to eat 200-300 calories over maintenance to minimize fat gains. I want to know what kind of calories I should be eating? Should I eat more carbs, less protein? More of both? More fat?[/quote]

Damn, about a million.
Try these:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1605986&cr=bodybuilding

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1596243&cr=bodybuilding

They are a couple of my favorites, but seriously utilize the search feature. You’ll find everything you need to know, plus a whole lot more. IF you can’t get jacked from the information available here, then quit because it will never happen.

can i start and finish by saying,

When I behold a fashionable table set out in all its magnificence, I fancy that I see gouts and dropsies, fevers and lethargies, with other innumerable distempers lying in ambuscade among the dishes.

Nature delights in the most plain and simple diet. Every animal but man keeps to one dish. Herbs are the food of this species, fish of that, and flesh of a third. Man falls upon everything that comes in his way; not the smallest fruit or excrescence of the earth, scarce a berry or a mushroom can escape him.
- Joseph Addison

Don’t cut too far back on fat. You dont need to get crazy with protein…nevermind the 4 chicken breasts a day. Dont cut carbs or you will flatten out. Yeah of course you eat more cals, and you should get it from whatever you want to get it from as long as its not junk food.

Take john cena, for example, he says he eats this and that with x-amount of protein and whatnot. Well, we’ll never know what the man’s diet really contributes to his physique because it’s obscured by his steroid use. So, if you see any PRO’s diet , skip it because he probably didnt even write it for starters, and his 500 grams of proten daily is used much more than yours could ever be because of the increased protein synthesis due to the mega-CCs of test he is on. A great deal of your 500 grams of protein will be pissed away and tax your kidneys because you don’t use steroids.

Try 1 gram of protein per lb of lean body mass…so if you’re 20lbs, that’s not 200 grams of protein…figure out your body fat or approximate it, then subtract it from your weight and thats the grams of protein to shoot for. A little extra wont hurt, however.

I mentioned once before about weight gainers- avoid 95% of them since they are loaded with sodium and sugar and will make you fat and bloated. Look for gainer that has maltodextrin- gainer matrix, which I always talk about, has 2-3 grams of sugar per serving with like 80 or more carbs, whereas most have 100 grams of carbs and 80 of those are from sugar…that is heinous.

One word. READ
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=640350

There are tons of articles on here about bulking. Here are a few key points:

1. You must have a calorie surplus

2. You must get all your protein for the day

3. You should still eat clean

4. Don’t add calories too fast, I generally recommend adding no more than 10% every two weeks.