Bulking for Football

of course this question is about adding size and bulkin up. being a football player you have to be big strong and fast. i have the fast down im big 6’5 290 and getting stronger. im a sophmore at the smallest jr college in america im lookin to add some ten to twenty pounds but i dont mean quick and fat i mean quality muscle poundage ive been lookin at a lot of supplements like tribulus, fish oil, bcaas, nitrix already downing the cellmass and nitrotech like candy.

side note: we start spring ball in three weeks so i wont start until after that gets over with cuz all that will just cut me down in size and i figure it would be a waste to get all these suppliments and not put it to good use. so the process would start begining of may.

ive come to the best place on the web for this insight. joe defranco says alot of you guys and he is the absolute best.

im goin pro!

thanx y’all

[quote]BiggerthnU wrote:
of course this question is about adding size and bulkin up. being a football player you have to be big strong and fast. i have the fast down im big 6’5 290 and getting stronger. im a sophmore at the smallest jr college in america im lookin to add some ten to twenty pounds but i dont mean quick and fat i mean quality muscle poundage ive been lookin at a lot of supplements like tribulus, fish oil, bcaas, nitrix already downing the cellmass and nitrotech like candy.

side note: we start spring ball in three weeks so i wont start until after that gets over with cuz all that will just cut me down in size and i figure it would be a waste to get all these suppliments and not put it to good use. so the process would start begining of may.

ive come to the best place on the web for this insight. joe defranco says alot of you guys and he is the absolute best.

im goin pro!

thanx y’all[/quote]I think you need an English tutor, more than anything. We want you to go to a good Division I school, and then go pro, where you hopefully won’t get taken advantage of by a Rosenhaus-like agent. A guy like that would surely draw up a nice contract, which you wouldn’t be able to properly read, and then he’d own you and your PRO CONTRACT!

Good luck.

Anyway, go with the BCAAs.

Edit: Cell Mass and Nitrotech? Dump those for a cheaper and effective product like Biotest’s Creatine product.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
BiggerthnU wrote:

im goin pro!

thanx y’allI think you need an English tutor, more than anything. We want you to go to a good Division I school, and then go pro, where you hopefully won’t get taken advantage of by a Rosenhaus-like agent. A guy like that would surely draw up a nice contract, which you wouldn’t be able to properly read, and then he’d own you and your PRO CONTRACT!

Good luck.

Edit: Cell Mass and Nitrotech? Dump those for a cheaper and effective product like Biotest’s Creatine product. [/quote]

Come on guys enough with the grammar police bull shit this isn’t english class and this guys post aint that damn bad. He’s asking advice on training not his damn proper english

Youll need to look at NCAA rule what is and isnt banned I think trib is not allowed. Like above said go with good quality regular ole creatine like sold here.

If anything I say supplement MORE during spring ball do all you can to NOT lose what youve packed on. Hows the diet?? thats going to be huge. Yes get fish oils great for general health and inflammation, again look int he store here and also a cheaper brand to fill the gap from say walmart. EAT EAT a lot and good quality. get a few protein supplement train your tail off, rest rest a LOT.

Do all you can to get that little edge and where many fall short is diet and rest

best of luck bro you have a goal go get that shit

Phill

Damn just noticed your in Kansas where at

anyhow best of luck again

Phill

It is worthy to note that Tribulus is not banned, but could cause a positive test result if they were to test for the testosterone ratio.

I would say you can gain weight during spring ball. I wouldn’t put off putting on the weight until May, start tomorrow. Just make sure you get the quality nutrients to grow, obviously you know how to do this being 290 lbs right now.

[quote]Phill wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:
BiggerthnU wrote:

im goin pro!

thanx y’allI think you need an English tutor, more than anything. We want you to go to a good Division I school, and then go pro, where you hopefully won’t get taken advantage of by a Rosenhaus-like agent. A guy like that would surely draw up a nice contract, which you wouldn’t be able to properly read, and then he’d own you and your PRO CONTRACT!

Good luck.

Edit: Cell Mass and Nitrotech? Dump those for a cheaper and effective product like Biotest’s Creatine product.

Come on guys enough with the grammar police bull shit this isn’t english class and this guys post aint that damn bad. He’s asking advice on training not his damn proper english

Youll need to look at NCAA rule what is and isnt banned I think trib is not allowed. Like above said go with good quality regular ole creatine like sold here.

If anything I say supplement MORE during spring ball do all you can to NOT lose what youve packed on. Hows the diet?? thats going to be huge. Yes get fish oils great for general health and inflammation, again look int he store here and also a cheaper brand to fill the gap from say walmart. EAT EAT a lot and good quality. get a few protein supplement train your tail off, rest rest a LOT.

Do all you can to get that little edge and where many fall short is diet and rest

best of luck bro you have a goal go get that shit

Phill

[/quote]

thanks for not being so critical! its hard to eat like a champ on a students budget but ill try my best! from advice below ill start the process asap as soon as all the supplements come in ill be workin my butt off! these morning cardio team sessions dont help the bulking up at all!

oh to answer your question im in Highland ks about 400 people at the school but were shakin up the mighty Jayhawk conf this year!
thanks again
BTU

[quote]BiggerthnU wrote:

oh to answer your question im in Highland ks about 400 people at the school but were shakin up the mighty Jayhawk conf this year!
thanks again
BTU
[/quote]

That’s cool, aren’t Highland the Scotts or Scotties or something? I’m a Kansas boy myself.

When I was in college they didn’t say anything to us (football players) when we took an empty milk jug in a bag and snuck milk and lunchmeat out. Also I agree with whoever said to take regular creatine and protein instead of celltech. Use what you have, but buy whey next time and you can get the same results with cheaper.
Here are some links that you might check out.

http://www.alwyncosgrove.com/

What does your workout look like right now? Yall have a strength coach at Highland right? Got any pics?

[quote]BiggerthnU wrote:
Phill wrote:
thanks for not being so critical! its hard to eat like a champ on a students budget but ill try my best! from advice below ill start the process asap as soon as all the supplements come in ill be workin my butt off! these morning cardio team sessions dont help the bulking up at all!

thanks again
BTU
[/quote]

Sounds good man I hear you on he cardio etc and food just do the best you can you can eat right on a budget if you make it priority I mean it doesnt mean your getting organic etc but it an be done.

Best of luck I know wher yo and are smoke the hell out of the Jayhawks. if your ever near Topeka look me up or PM me when your game is In lawrence might be able to make it

Phill

Damn this has become a regular old Kansas reunion LOL were all coming out of the wood work.

Oh make friend with a hunter more than enough deer and turkey here to keep you well fed.

Phill

You need the fish oil, everyone hates on nitrotech and cellmass but hey if money isnt a deal get it, the shit works it might be overpriced but it does work. Trib is iffy, you arent that old so it might not be any help but during spring ball your body will be taxed so your hormaonal profile will be off, so if you feel a boost keep taking it.

You will test positive on a testosterone test, but they only test you if you make the playoffs so if you think your gonna make the playoffs stop taking it. they might not drug test at all in ju-co, I’m not sure. at least in D3 they dont until the playoffs.

I would start bulking now and just eat during spring ball, because I’ve done spring ball before and its not that hard (at least in D3, its probabaly harder where your at, but still not like in-season workouts) that a little overeating wouldnt offset it. Just eat and train like a freak and youll be tearing guys heads off come august.

so are there any BCAA’s that are better than others or are they all the same?

im still in juco and playin in the kansas jayhawk confrence for another year

so i have pretty much decided on
whey, bcaas, fish oil and tribulus. right?

our program sucks i dont know how to convince the coach to do Joes program but he has us in the gym for way too long doin dumb lifts for insane sets(8x8) after twelve weeks i didnt go up a pound on my bench and im sick of wasting time i cant wait for the summer to get here so i can train the defranco way

thanks everyone for thier insight with the exception of the critic i didnt know my english teacher was on here

BTU

Hey man, I’m in the same exact boat as you. I’m playing DE at a JUCO here in Illinois. My only input is I don’t particularly like nitrotech. I order my 10lb bags of protein off the internet, it’s the best way to do it price wise IMO. I’ve also liked cellmass a lot as it doesn’t bloat me like any type of monohydrate. A colleague of mine who competed for years in strongman and was a world champ powerlifter said his favorite type of tribulus is tribestan, although I’ve never tried it myself.

[quote]BiggerthnU wrote:
so are there any BCAA’s that are better than others or are they all the same?

[/quote]

They put different ratios in some compared to others, but if you’re trying to save money, just go for a powder version and mix in with your shakes.

[quote]martyh wrote:
I order my 10lb bags of protein off the internet, it’s the best way to do it price wise IMO. I’ve also liked cellmass a lot as it doesn’t bloat me like any type of monohydrate. A colleague of mine who competed for years in strongman and was a world champ powerlifter said his favorite type of tribulus is tribestan, although I’ve never tried it myself.[/quote]

site?

What bag do you like the best as far as taste is concerned?

illinois puts you in what confrence?
btu

ok men i just found " the Anabolic Diet" should i apply it? is it smart for football players? does it really work? i wanna be the test dummy that blows everyone out of the water

[quote]BiggerthnU wrote:
ok men i just found " the Anabolic Diet" should i apply it? is it smart for football players? does it really work? i wanna be the test dummy that blows everyone out of the water[/quote]

I wouldn’t go near the AD if you’re an athlete getting ready to compete. By all accounts it takes a few months to adapt fully to the diet, and even then it’s questionable whether or not the diet is appropriate for someone who wants to compete in strenuous athletic activites.

I’d go check out John Berardi’s site (just google his name) and apply his principles.

I’ve always used Optimum Nutrition Double rich chocolate whey. It’s a very reliable company and I know the owner so I trust them. My friend actually just picked up some ON rocky road which I now love and our new favorite experiment is 4 scoops rocky road, 6 oreos, 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 medium squirt chocolate syrup, 1 banana, some ice, and 2-3 cups whole milk. Great for PWO while bulking.

[quote]martyh wrote:
I’ve always used Optimum Nutrition Double rich chocolate whey. It’s a very reliable company and I know the owner so I trust them. My friend actually just picked up some ON rocky road which I now love and our new favorite experiment is 4 scoops rocky road, 6 oreos, 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 medium squirt chocolate syrup, 1 banana, some ice, and 2-3 cups whole milk. Great for PWO while bulking.[/quote]

sounds like my kind of bulking!!!

[quote]martyh wrote:
I’ve always used Optimum Nutrition Double rich chocolate whey. It’s a very reliable company and I know the owner so I trust them. My friend actually just picked up some ON rocky road which I now love and our new favorite experiment is 4 scoops rocky road, 6 oreos, 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 medium squirt chocolate syrup, 1 banana, some ice, and 2-3 cups whole milk. Great for PWO while bulking.[/quote]

Wow, those were the days.