Bulking Dilemma

I’ve gained about 37 lbs in the past year from bulking. I’m about 5-6 167, but I’ve put on quite a bit of fat. I’m estimating I’m at around 18% BF.

Anyways, I don’t really mind gaining fat while bulking, but the problem is I can barely fit into my pants anymore. My waist is about 35 inches. I can’t afford to buy a whole new wardrobe. My goal is to get up to about 170-175 at 10-12%BF. Anybody going through the same problem? Any advice? Should I start adding in some cardio or just cut back on the calories, or both?

Your old ones are just starting to get tight–!!!
You gained 37 lbs and you are still in your original jeans??

ya…but I was a twig before so they were actually loose on me before.

Hey man, I know how you feel. Same thing is happening to me. I was 135 and got up to 175 and only couple of my jeans fit me. I was aimming for 185 before I doing any type of cutting, my belly button was 37" and putting on jean was a bitch. So, I am on VD right now, lost 10 lbs in 2 wks and I am starting to fit in my jeans with comfort. I suggest you do the same if you can’t afford a new warobe.

do cardio, eat a lot but clean, and don’t stop bulking. And face it, you’re def gonna have to buy a lot of new clothes if you reach your goal. And then you’ll want to get bigger, which will mean more new clothes. My advice? Just buy a few things (what you need seasonally), buy them big, realize you’re gonna outgrow them

[quote]JJ_360 wrote:
do cardio, eat a lot but clean, and don’t stop bulking. And face it, you’re def gonna have to buy a lot of new clothes if you reach your goal. And then you’ll want to get bigger, which will mean more new clothes. My advice? Just buy a few things (what you need seasonally), buy them big, realize you’re gonna outgrow them[/quote]

I agree with this. I seriously doubt I can fit into anything I used to wear when I weighed 150lbs…unless I use some of those shirts as socks.