Bulking Diet

Hey guys, after reading through a whole bunch of articles regarding bulking diet, I came up with a little something like this, its not perfect but it shows what i know so far. Any input will be kindly appreciated:

Height: 5’9"
Weight: 163lb
Body Fat %: ~12%
Years of training: Currently 3rd

(Protein + Carb)
Meal #1 (breakfast)
Upon Waking:

Meal Replacement + skim milk (40g protein + 39g Carb)
1 Slice of whole grain bread + turkey breast slices (11g protein + 17g carb)
1 Flavored Oat Meal (4g Protein + 33g Carb) ← i needed it for additional carb

Meal #2:
Fruits (apple etc.)
Mixed Nuts

Meal #3(lunch):
Chicken Salad w/ Fat Free Italian Dressing

Meal #4 (preworkout):
1 scoop whey protein (26g protein + 3g carb)
3 capsules BCAA

Meal #5(immediately postworkout):
2 scoop whey protein + skim milk (52g protein + 13g carb)
1 scoop glutamine
3 capsules BCAA
1 scoop creatine

(Protein + Fat)
Meal #6(dinner):
Grilled Boneless Chicken Breast
1 bottle Gatorade

Meal #7:
1 scoop Creatine
3 capsules BCAA
2 capsules Flameout

A couple of questions:

• During dinner, am i allowed to have some carbs or hsould i just stick wtih protein + fat.
    -I feel that im not getting adequate amount of carb. Where can i add in more carb?

Thanks

Have protein & carbs for 2 meals after your workout, and then cottage cheese before bed.

Add more carbs to your post-workout meal.

How many calories do you have here in total? Maybe it’s just me but it seems kinda low…

Im bulking now also and have gained some good clean weight on a 95% clean diet. From my calculations you only had what i would call 2 whole food meals. Its good to be cautious but the calories your taking in are really low. Up the carbs a lot post workout with wholegrain pasta with chicken and what not as an example. Carbs are your freind! Also in your pwo shake I’m not seeing any simple carbs in their either. You dont Have to have them but they help a lot especially on a bulk.

Yes, you can have carbs with dinner. Preferably vegetables.

Also, you can add more carbs anywhere. Again, preferably just not in the evening. Have two or three slices of toast with breakfast, put the chicken salad on two pieces of WW bread for lunch, hell, make two sandwiches. Also, add more milk to your postworkout concoction, get 24oz milk and theres even more protein and more carbs. Add a glass or two of whole milk to your meals. Definintly replace the gatorade with dinner with milk. That should take care of your carb problem.

Also, like previously suggested, eat a tub of cottage cheese pre-bed with some Flameout then. That will ensure a slow digesting protein in your stomach which will keep your body out of a catabolic state while you sleep.

JB used to carry around a gallon jug of water with 5 scoops of protein mixed in there and drink it throughout the day. I dont know if you want to go this far, but it would definitly help you add some quality mass.

Good luck.

[quote]Doh wrote:
Hey guys, after reading through a whole bunch of articles regarding bulking diet, I came up with a little something like this, its not perfect but it shows what i know so far. Any input will be kindly appreciated:

Height: 5’9"
Weight: 163lb
Body Fat %: ~12%
Years of training: Currently 3rd

(Protein + Carb)
Meal #1 (breakfast)
Upon Waking:

Meal Replacement + skim milk (40g protein + 39g Carb)
1 Slice of whole grain bread + turkey breast slices (11g protein + 17g carb)
1 Flavored Oat Meal (4g Protein + 33g Carb) ← i needed it for additional carb

Meal #2:
Fruits (apple etc.)
Mixed Nuts

Meal #3(lunch):
Chicken Salad w/ Fat Free Italian Dressing

Meal #4 (preworkout):
1 scoop whey protein (26g protein + 3g carb)
3 capsules BCAA

Meal #5(immediately postworkout):
2 scoop whey protein + skim milk (52g protein + 13g carb)
1 scoop glutamine
3 capsules BCAA
1 scoop creatine

(Protein + Fat)
Meal #6(dinner):
Grilled Boneless Chicken Breast
1 bottle Gatorade

Meal #7:
1 scoop Creatine
3 capsules BCAA
2 capsules Flameout

A couple of questions:

• During dinner, am i allowed to have some carbs or hsould i just stick wtih protein + fat.
    -I feel that im not getting adequate amount of carb. Where can i add in more carb?

Thanks

[/quote]
Meal #2 needs protein and hell meal 7 neds friggin food

Yes you can have carbs your bulking looking to gain mass.

Well to start add them at dinner, a LOT more post w/o maybe even a carb drink during training. a LOT more pre work out

Phill

[quote]Doh wrote:
A couple of questions:

• During dinner, am i allowed to have some carbs or hsould i just stick wtih protein + fat.[/quote]

You’re “allowed” to have whatever you damn well please. Don’t make this too complicated.

You’ve already answered your own question. See above.