Bulking Diet

I was curious if anyone had input as to what would be some good meals for a bulking diet?
I’ve been lifting for 5 years, I’m just coming off a break of about a year because i was rehabbing a slipped disk, and ive never really been super focused on my diet. SO im trying to learn as much as possible the second time around
feel free to correct any wrong information if i put any down, but what i have so far is…

• protein with all the aa’s (egg whites, grilled chicken, whey, red meat, ect…) gives nourishment to muscles,…biggest factor in making gains
  • complex carbs ( oatmeal, wheat bread, potatoes…) gives the body energy…and if i dont workout carbs = fat
  • then there are “good fats” like olive oil and almonds that should be incorporated as well

Is this on point? I’d rather not throw down a bunch of money on food for a new diet plan without knowing what the hell im doing…so if you’ve had success with a bulking diet id appreciate some insight. im 5"10 170 (mostly flab)…ive never been above 175 during training, but i want to get to 185 in the future.at this height/weight what is a good amount of calories, protein and carbs i should be intaking daily?
thanks

sorry last thing i forgot…what is a good post-workout supplement for bulking? A while back I used cytogainer, has anyone had success with other products in this price range?

http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/5_highcalorie_breakfasts_for_more_muscle

Here’s a list of good sample meals for starters

Cool thanks man I’ll check it out

if you are 5’10 170 and mostly flab why are you bulking?

Chili beans.

2 pounds ground beef
1 onion cooked with ground beef
1 jar salsa
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can light red kidney beans
Any Veggies tho them in, diced carrots, red peppers, green peppers.

After you cook it for extra calories i top with shaved sharp cheddar. :slight_smile:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
if you are 5’10 170 and mostly flab why are you bulking?[/quote]

because he’s 170 lbs.

OP: you can’t go wrong with lean protein. be it shakes, steaks, burgers, chicken, tuna… Eating and working out makes you grow. As long as you are lifting hard enough you can eat what you want. Make sure you lift hard enough.

Shake…

whey
blended oats
PB

Easy to add more cals by adding more PB and/or oats depending on whichever ratio of carbs and fats you’re wanting to hit.

Quality cheap protein:

Tubs of greek yogurt, pre cooked rotisserie chickens, ground beef, cottage cheese, eggs, sausage…

Quality cheap carbs:

Rice, rice cakes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash…

Quality cheap fats:

You shouldn’t need to supplement your diet with just plain oils (adding to foods for no reason, drinking it lol) unless your in a hurry and need to make a well rounded protein shake.

Examples of whole foods that cover fats are ground beef, eggs, sausage, peanut butter and avocados. So if you eat a lot of these things your fat will be covered.

Cook with real butter and add some olive oil (for dressing) to your salads or vegetables. Every bit adds up.

Great thanks for the meal ideas everyone…my main source of protein this week has been ground turkey,my shakes, and grilled chicken I’m in college but I set aside enough money to get the nicer stuff