Bulking Diet

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
You’re taking in 22 calories per pound of bodyweight. You sure you need this much? [/quote]

This is based off of MODOK’s suggestion after he did BBB. He recommended 20-25cal per/lb for the amount of volume with 20 being the minimum. I just went to Costco today to buy chicken, beef, salmon, walnuts, oats and rice. I’m going to go over everything again especially since I’ll probably lose a few more lbs before this starts.

[quote]Oregand wrote:
Mother of god that’s a lot of food dude.

Be real careful ingesting that much after leaning down, if you don’t do it right the only weight you’ll gain will be around the midsection.

Point in case I tried to bulk up for about 6 weeks and I ate a diet very similar to yours, all clean foods, all good carbs but just lots and lots of em.

I went from eating a 2500 kcal diet to. 4500 kcal diet in a week and the results were a fucking disaster.

My advice is too start slowly, only add 250 kcal to your intake weekly. If your not gaining, up the Kcals, if your gaining too fast then drop them slightly.

Take everything one week at a time and be patient dude.[/quote]

I was under the impression there would be a springboard effect after cutting because the cells were starved. How much volume were you doing at this time if you can remember?

Veggies?

[quote]Scott aka Rice wrote:

[quote]Oregand wrote:
Mother of god that’s a lot of food dude.

Be real careful ingesting that much after leaning down, if you don’t do it right the only weight you’ll gain will be around the midsection.

Point in case I tried to bulk up for about 6 weeks and I ate a diet very similar to yours, all clean foods, all good carbs but just lots and lots of em.

I went from eating a 2500 kcal diet to. 4500 kcal diet in a week and the results were a fucking disaster.

My advice is too start slowly, only add 250 kcal to your intake weekly. If your not gaining, up the Kcals, if your gaining too fast then drop them slightly.

Take everything one week at a time and be patient dude.[/quote]

I was under the impression there would be a springboard effect after cutting because the cells were starved. How much volume were you doing at this time if you can remember?[/quote]

I was doing a 5 day routine while on the bulking plan.

I had an upper body power day that had a max lift, a lower body day that focused on a max lift.

Then I had three days that focused on slightly higher reps for slightly lower weights I.e 8-12 reps.

I would add some vegetables but apart from that I like that diet.

[quote]Oregand wrote:
I was doing a 5 day routine while on the bulking plan.

I had an upper body power day that had a max lift, a lower body day that focused on a max lift.

Then I had three days that focused on slightly higher reps for slightly lower weights I.e 8-12 reps.[/quote]

I’ll certainly take that into consideration. I’m going to start my 1st week of this plan at roughly 18 cal/lb and gauge from there.

For those commenting about vegetables, I’m going to use up the rest of my superfood supply.