Bulking Diet Tips

Yo

Question 1.

I’m the type of person who doesn’t like to eat alot of food (but yes, I KNOW I need to take in alot of calories to grow). So far I’ve been force-feeding and the result is I’m sick sick of food, period. My cheat day is not to eat at all.

Is there any tips or hints that anybody has found to increase the calories in the diet without making yourself sick? some type of recipe maybe?

I don’t care about the taste.

Unfortunately I’m lactose intolerant so milk and most protein powders are out.

Question 2.

Has anybody found a significant difference in results, between eating 6 smaller meals compared to 3 larger ones?

Any other tips/hints people have learnt for bulking?

Thanks

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Incremental increases are easier for the body to handle. There are plenty of articles around here that deal with just that. Use the search function.

[quote]RSA_Muscle wrote:
Yo

Question 1.

I’m the type of person who doesn’t like to eat alot of food (but yes, I KNOW I need to take in alot of calories to grow). So far I’ve been force-feeding and the result is I’m sick sick of food, period. My cheat day is not to eat at all.

Is there any tips or hints that anybody has found to increase the calories in the diet without making yourself sick? some type of recipe maybe?

I don’t care about the taste.

Unfortunately I’m lactose intolerant so milk and most protein powders are out.

Question 2.

Has anybody found a significant difference in results, between eating 6 smaller meals compared to 3 larger ones?

Thanks[/quote]

Olive oil
Eggs - whole
Meat - Leanish
Starches

Eating 6 meals a day provides several benefits. I personally eat around 10 meals per day, 4 of which are usually shakes.

More meals equals increased metabolism.
Increased capacity for protein intake. You can only use around 40g per sitting in perfect conditions.
Ability to ingest more calories.

Eating a balanced diet is the time proven way to making good steady gains and minimising the amount of stress put on your body. Lactose-intolerance makes life difficult for you, which i understand, but you will have to find a way round this using what is available to you.

best of luck

if you can’t stomach a lot of food in one sitting (like me), forget eating only 3 meals. In fact, I have to eat every 2 hrs just to reach my caloric needs for bulking (4500 cals).

extra lean ground beef
buffalo
whole omega-3 eggs
nuts
natural PB

and 2 super shakes a day help a lot (search for Popeye smoothie by Berardi), this is one example.

you could try EvoPro protein powder since it’s lactose free (same company as muscle milk).

I eat more fruits than veggies as well (like them better, but they’re more calorically dense).

[quote]testanabol wrote:
You can only use around 40g per sitting in perfect conditions.
[/quote]

Not true. If it is, prove it.

OP, eat more often. Eat calorie dense foods. If you eat a piece of meat, some starch or carb source (potato/fruit) and a fat source (walnuts, olive oil) 8x per day, you’ll be able to eat much more. Go for dense foods, a potato, 10 oz. 80% lean beef, and a handful of almonds is at least 600 calories (6 times a day would be 3600 total), and is easily eaten.

Milk-based protein powders contain an insignificant amount of lactose if you aren’t mixing them with milk. Use unsweetened soy milk or just water. You could also look at egg protein or hemp protein.

And don’t forget about peanuts and peanut butter. Protein doesn’t really get any more convenient.

Why the fuck–

Ahem.

Why aren’t you eating fast food then?

Once every 2-3 weeks during a bulk I’ll give my clean eating metabolism a swift kick in the balls and Ill have…

1 medium thin crust Domino’s pizza w/ham
(1,080 Kcal, 60 g Fat, 104 g Carb., 56 g Pro.,)

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=487126

[quote]RSA_Muscle wrote:
Unfortunately I’m lactose intolerant so milk and most protein powders are out.[/quote]

lactose intolerance has to do with milk sugar, or the carbs in milk (not the protein).

[quote]RSA_Muscle wrote:
[/quote]

eat six large meals

Mixed nuts are good if you’re in a rush… they are about 800-900 calories per 1 cup, which is about 3-4 handfuls. Easy to eat quickly in 15 min.

2 pop-tarts and 1 protein shake, about 600 calories.

By the time the evening rolls around, mix this up in a blender:

1 cup oats
3 tbsp’s peanut butter
2 scoops whey
1 tbsp olive oil
500mL milk

~1100 calories.

For me, I’m really busy throughout the day, so these 3 methods have helped for extra calories. The big-shake idea works fairly well.

I believe the proteins sold on this site are Lactose free, as are many others. Get Metabolic Drive Complete and have as it my boy.

Your cheat day is to not eat at all? Awesome, see you at baby gap shopping for clothes. This is remarkably off base on so many levels. Your cheat day should contain things like ribs, burgers, steaks, potatoes, bread, pasta… You name it.

Nuts, nut-butters, protein bars, shakes, burgers… These are the kinds of things you can start adding in if you are honestly finding it hard to eat that much.

If your preference, on a cheat day no less, really is to NOT eat much food, you might want to consider another hobby, lifestyle etc.

hehe

Thanks everybody for the helpfull and not-so-helpfull tips.

ktennies:

well, for some reason the MRPs I use just don’t agree with me. Basically the same “symptoms” as I get from drinking milk. Guess I’ll find a pure protein powder and see what happens.

others:

otherwise, thanks all for the tips, I’ll incorporate them. if anybody has any other tips, please add them.

I’m not the only one who lacks an apetite and other people might benefit from this info too.

for the flamers, I force myself to eat regardless, but no harm in making the force-feeding process abit smoother