Bulking Diet Plan Help?

Hi guys - I have just started my first real “bulk” this week after a cut of about 12 weeks, which brought me down to about 10-11% BF (just my estimate - I can see my 8-pack but there is still a tiny fat layer on top of my abs - i.e. I’m not quite “ripped” yet).

Anyway, since this is my first time bulking and since I dont want to gain a ton of weight/BF (it was really hard getting it down to about 10%ish…) I tried to set up a “clean bulking diet”. Please let me know what you think and whether I should make any changes given that my goal is maximum gains with minimum fat gain.

About me:
6 foot 2 tall
162 lbs
10-11% BF
endomorph (I believe - I’m not scrawny but I did not have an especially muscular physique before I started training either…)
Maintenance: 2600-2700cal/day (incl. burn from lifting/cardio sessions)
Heavy lifting days: 5
Cardio days: 20min. on each non-lifting day (about 300cal burn per session)

Diet:

7am - Breakfast

• 6 egg whites
  • a few strips of Turkey bacon (about 60cal worth)
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • handful blueberries
  • 1 glass milk (8oz)
  • small protein shake (casein protein)
    Total: ~600cal

10am - Snack 1

• white chicken meat
  • small cup veggies
  • 1 medium sweet potato
    Total: ~ 280cal

12:30pm - Lunch

• white chicken meat
  • small cup veggies
  • large bowl of broccoli/cauliflower (~200cal worth)
  • 1 medium sweet potato
    Total: ~ 600cal

3:30pm - Snack 2

• white chicken meat
  • small cup veggies
  • 1 1/2 cups of brown rice
    Total: ~ 600cal

5:30pm - Pre-workout meal (heavy lifting 45-60min.)

• 1/2 cup of apple sauce
    Total: ~50cal

6pm-7pm - During-workout shake

• large casein protein shake
    Total: ~ 120cal

7pm - Post-workout meal

• 1 banana
    Total: ~ 200cal

7:30pm - Dinner

• white chicken meat
  • small cup veggies
  • medium bowl of broccoli/cauliflower (~100cal worth)
  • a few strips of Turkey bacon (about 60cal worth)
  • 4 egg whites
    Total: ~ 550cal

9:00pm - Snack 3

• cup of fat-free/low-sugar cottage cheese
    Total: ~ 300cal

10:00pm - PRe-Bed shake

Total: ~ 120cal

Daily Total: ~3400cal

After about 1 week on this diet, I feel stronger (i.e. I’ll up my weights next session) and it looks like I’ve even gained a little muscle already without gaining any fat - or so I hope - I am not entirely sure because all the broccoli has given me a terrible bloat (+ I drink about 1gallon+ of water every day). So I assume, the bloat is mainly water & gas and no (or minimal( fat gain.

In any case, do you guys think that this diet will produce solid gains over the next 8-12 weeks without making me pile up a lot of fat? (I know that some fat gain is inevitable but I dont want to end up back at ~20% BF which is where I started from about 5 months ago).

Thanks a lot for all your comments!
Em

I’m 6’3", 225 lbs and considered small.

The faster you realize you are scrawny, the better your life will be.

where is the fat in your diet?

^ eat whole eggs instead of egg whites

Dude you’re 6’3" 162 pounds and your not a weight class athlete… why are you even worrying about this. Eat like an animal and get to at LEAST over 200 then worry about bodyfat.

Why the hell were you cutting if you’re only 162 pounds? You need to kick this whole “I want to get huge, but I don’t want to lose my 8-pack” bullshit like every other kid who wants to get big. You’re over complicating this fairly simple subject. Buy a mass gainer instead of your “lean muscle building” protein shake.Run Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, drink a gallon of milk a day, and get big.

CS

i dont understand how you can only eat 280 calories for a snack when you are eating chicken and a medium? sweet potato? What do you take a tiny bite of chicken and tiny bite off of a potato. When i eat chicken and a sweet potato it will be at least 800cals. Eat some actualy meals why are you breaking it into 300 cal meals do you no have more room in you stomach? IF that is the case you need to eat some EVO, PB and other healthy calorie dense fats

lol@6’2" 162lbs and endomorphic