Bulking: Diet Help?

Dude, for the love of God–use the search function! This topic has been hashed and rehashed many, many times. No offense, but it would be one thing if you came here with a specific question that was out of the ordinary; instead, you are asking about bulking while talking about egg whites, 1 whole egg a day, and how many grams of oatmeal you’re eating.

Seriously, just go eat some f***ing food. A lot of it. As much as you can handle. The first day, it’s easy. It’s the subsequent ones that are difficult.

To give a slightly more helpful response (albeit only slightly) to the OP:

Rules to go by given your current diet:

1. There should always be twice as many whole eggs as egg whites in anything you eat.
  2. Oatmeal should always include something else in it–peanut butter or cottage cheese work very well.
  3. Eat some f***ing vegetables.
  4. from what I saw of your diet above, I second the “double everything.”

You just aren’t eating to grow. If I had posted on this forum a year ago, I would have written the same thing. Although I saw okay progress in 2010, it wasn’t even close to as good as I could have hoped for. Eat some real food, man.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
Although I saw okay progress in 2010, it wasn’t even close to as good as I could have hoped for. [/quote]

Then why are YOU laying out specific guidelines for the OP?

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

Although I saw okay progress in 2010, it wasn’t even close to as good as I could have hoped for. [/quote]

[/quote]

Well, largely because a lot of the things he is currently doing I was doing at that point but have subsequently learned to have been hindering progress. The gym wasn’t holding me back so much as the table, and this guy seems to be having similar issues.

And although my first response may have been dickish, the response you are addressing was an attempt to be helpful, so I don’t feel badly about having contributed it. As far as my suggestion on the search function, it could have been more kindly made, but seriously–90% of these general threads fall under the category of “could have been addressed by proper use of the search function.”

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[/quote]

Well, largely because a lot of the things he is currently doing I was doing at that point but have subsequently learned to have been hindering progress. The gym wasn’t holding me back so much as the table, and this guy seems to be having similar issues.

And although my first response may have been dickish, the response you are addressing was an attempt to be helpful, so I don’t feel badly about having contributed it. As far as my suggestion on the search function, it could have been more kindly made, but seriously–90% of these general threads fall under the category of “could have been addressed by proper use of the search function.”[/quote]

I can see where you’re coming from, as there is often an aversion to using the search function; however, I don’t think this is the particular case here. The OP listed everything he eats in a day, and is looking for constructive criticism. Your “use the search function” comments would be better preserved for the “Hey, how do I bulk up brah?” posts.

I can also see where you’re coming from as far as seeing another trainee following your past errors. I’ve done stupid shit too. I just try to stay away from overly specific advice.

Other things to consider:

fish oil caps
ground beef
broccoli

But the main thing is that it’s not nearly enough calories. Not even close.

ive gained 3st in 6 months and the main bulker is milk 2-4 litres a day plus 3 hyperbolic mass is at least 4500 cals in liquid then eat as much food as possible and you will be close to 7000 cals a day then train heavy and smart.

[quote]lwalker2 wrote:
ive gained 3st in 6 months and the main bulker is milk 2-4 litres a day plus 3 hyperbolic mass is at least 4500 cals in liquid then eat as much food as possible and you will be close to 7000 cals a day then train heavy and smart. [/quote]

Holy damn, haha that’s a good bit of weight. How much have your lifts increased? 7k cals/day is a tall order.

bench went from 90 to 115
squat 100 to 160
deadlift 100 to 220

to be honest it is when i started training heavy that lifts all increased, yeah man it is and its expensive but it is only 2500 in food so mcdonalds helps alot , due to fact im a hardgainer and just turned 19 ive managed to only put on 3% bodyfat over this period