T Nation

Bulking Despite Being a Lil' Fatty

I was thinking of going on a long clean bulk, maintaining a surplus of 300 calories and a macro ratio of fifty percent carbohydrate, 30 percent protein and 20 percent fat.

I was thinking of going around 9 months and saying fuck it and getting as big as I can in that time.

I will post pictures of my current body state.

me

me

more bad osing. brace yourself

I wouldnt get too technical on your macros and whatnot,

Just hit the damn gym like its your job,
Work on strength
Work on speed
Do some high rep stuff
Do some curlz to get swole and such
Push the envelope a little bit once in a while
Eat some protien

Easy

+1. And do hill sprints and/or barbell complexes. and WORK HARD. Basically, you need to focus on recomposition and strength gains first.

Completely completely off topic… is that yours or your gf’s room? Because if its yours, I’d suggest rethinking your health and beauty product selection.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Completely completely off topic… is that yours or your gf’s room? Because if its yours, I’d suggest rethinking your health and beauty product selection.[/quote]

yeah brah not my room, i have pink wallpaper.

Also guys thanks for the comments but I have a routine I am sticking to, just want to kniow if i should start a bulking routine or cutting at this stage of development. I have a set routine and am sticking with it for at least 6 months.

Your gut looks more bloated than “fat” to me. My vote on what you should do : bulk…

BULK MAN BULK… Seriously though you should really focus on size and strength and make sure your body has everything it needs to grow. Fuck having a 6 pack or what not get strong man. Then in a year or so if you honestly have to then consider your cut.

First off, forget the terms “bulk” and “cut”. Learn the basics to nutrition before you go adding in macro percents.

You should be eating of excess but not before you learn how to eat correctly. As for a routine, identify your goals and I’m sure we can point you in the right direction.

For God’s sake, what is going on here?

You need to absolutely get.in.shape. before you even BEGIN to worry about gaining weight.

As has been suggested, yeah, work on getting stronger if possible. But you need to clean the living fuck out of your diet (stop eating BODYBUILDER PIZZA like the thread you made, and start eating better, calculable and measurable food,) and for all the love that is holy do some cardio man.

You will not enjoy yourself and life in general if you choose to gain weight from this point.

Seriously, lose 20 lbs or more, lift for a solid chunk of time (3-4 months) while improving lifts and making sure NONE of your pants fit at the end of that time.

[quote]SSC wrote:

You need to absolutely get.in.shape. before you even BEGIN to worry about gaining weight.

As has been suggested, yeah, work on getting stronger if possible. But you need to clean the living fuck out of your diet (stop eating BODYBUILDER PIZZA like the thread you made, and start eating better, calculable and measurable food,) and for all the love that is holy do some cardio man.

You will not enjoy yourself and life in general if you choose to gain weight from this point.

Seriously, lose 20 lbs or more, lift for a solid chunk of time (3-4 months) while improving lifts and making sure NONE of your pants fit at the end of that time.[/quote]
How long is it going to take for him to lose 20 pounds?

[quote]SSC wrote:

Seriously, lose 20 lbs or more, lift for a solid chunk of time (3-4 months) while improving lifts and making sure NONE of your pants fit at the end of that time.[/quote]

I hope I am misreading this post. Are you saying the skinny fat 140 lb kid should cut 20 lbs?

[quote]SSC wrote:

Dude my diet is more or less 125 grams of chicken, marinade and 160g of steamed veg each meal and maybe a cheese and tuna melt with about 30 grams of fat in it, otherwise I would be getting about six grams of fat per day. Throw in some shakes and casein porridge and that is it. Also I can’t do cardio at the moment, I have as I have stated on other parts of the board a foot injury. This is a big problem and won’t be able to run for at least a month.

The consensus seems to be clean bulk. Also I think my body looks fatter than it is due to the skin seeming puffy from large weight loss. Especially the stomach.

[quote]The-German wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

I hope I am misreading this post. Are you saying the skinny fat 140 lb kid should cut 20 lbs?
[/quote]

As of this morning post workout
I am 165 lbs. not sure if a lot of that is water weight, I drink around 5-8 bottles of water a day.

Bit off topic.

Why have you erased your face, and parts of your arm and chest?

Your profile picture is of you…

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
Bit off topic.

Why have you erased your face, and parts of your arm and chest?

Your profile picture is of you…

[/quote]

I have covered some identifying marks up on that picture with some of my girlfriends slap on, couldn’t be arsed doing it again so just erased them.

Also because I am how do you say… not firing on all cylinders.

Fair enough. IRT your post, being a beginner, if your diet is pretty good and your training hard, big compound lifts, you shouldn’t have a problem dropping BF but gaining muscle mass.

Well, good luck. Please provide updates as things progress.