Bulking Cycle Length

I’m just curious, how long do all of you bulk for before you cut. Lately I’ve been bulking for 3 - 4 months and cutting for a week or two, then repeating. Do most of you bulk for a couple years before you cut?

I wouldnt call droping some fat for a week or two a cut. I have been bulking for around 36 weeks and I have done what you have done about 3-4 times.

Why not bulk clean and cutting is not that much of an issue? I only have ever cut once and got to down to single digits bf%. I havent been above 15% though really since I started bulking 5 years ago so my abs were visible even at 270+

It’s not easy bc the shit load of calories will need to be mostly clean but it can be done.

Good luck and train hard.

A

[quote]markdp wrote:
I’m just curious, how long do all of you bulk for before you cut. Lately I’ve been bulking for 3 - 4 months and cutting for a week or two, then repeating. Do most of you bulk for a couple years before you cut?[/quote]

When I bulk I say fuck it and eat what I want. I’ve heard a lot of people say that they do a “clean bulk” and try to split up their calories/protein equally 5 or 6 times a day.

I guess I just don’t have the discipline to do something like this, although I’ve been making great gains eating what I want (making sure I get enough protein).

I don’t know how some people do it, to be that disciplined year round would be a drain - it’s hard enough for me to stick to 2 weeks of eating right, let alone the rest of my damn life lol

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Why not bulk clean and cutting is not that much of an issue? I only have ever cut once and got to down to single digits bf%. I havent been above 15% though really since I started bulking 5 years ago so my abs were visible even at 270+

[/quote]

Now thats how bulking is done!

It’s not easy bc the shit load of calories will need to be mostly clean but it can be done.

A

markdp wrote:
I’m just curious, how long do all of you bulk for before you cut. Lately I’ve been bulking for 3 - 4 months and cutting for a week or two, then repeating. Do most of you bulk for a couple years before you cut?

[/quote]

Props to you man, I don’t see how anyone sticks to eating clean year round.

Discipline, dedication, and years of trial and error. It is not easy by any means but I am not saying I never eat bad, i just eat bad in moderation and control my cheating just like I control my diet.

The thing is to each their own but how much quality muscle do you really put on when it is all said and done? I am not saying don’t put any fat on while bulking, just saying it can controlled to the point where there is no need to cut that much.

A

[quote]markdp wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

A

markdp wrote:

[/quote]

The other thing often overlooked is when you are out for a while and come back, it is a lot easier to gain quality muscle back. I was on a hiatus for 4 months and dropped a lot of weight, I have gained 12 lean muscle pounds back in the last two weeks or so and I am natural.

A

Discipline, dedication, and years of trial and error. It is not easy by any means but I am not saying I never eat bad, i just eat bad in moderation and control my cheating just like I control my diet.

The thing is to each their own but how much quality muscle do you really put on when it is all said and done? I am not saying don’t put any fat on while bulking, just saying it can controlled to the point where there is no need to cut that much.

A

markdp wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

A

markdp wrote:

[/quote]

The other thing often overlooked is when you are out for a while and come back, it is a lot easier to gain quality muscle back. I was on a hiatus for 4 months and dropped a lot of weight, I have gained 12 lean muscle pounds back in the last two weeks or so and I am natural.

A

Amsterdam Animal wrote:

A

markdp wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

A

markdp wrote:

[/quote]

I hear you. I was out for 4 months and lost about 30 pounds and have gained back 25 pounds in the last 3 months.