Bulking and Stretch Marks

Well I’ve gotten a lot stronger and increased my bench 15lbs within the last month and definaetly am getting bigger, i’ve also gained a few pounds and all of the sudden stretch marks are blowing up on my body. I had very little lines on my shoulder, a month later they are massive and eveywhere.

I’m starting to get them on my triceps, also where the armpits are. AND now on my biceps!
I’m not into all the show, but obviosuly I want to look good and my biceps are just gettin ruined now with uglyass fucking stretch marks. How do i prevent this/make it better?
It also seems that after every powerlifting comp. I do, they just get bigger?

If ANYONE has this problem and has somethin to fix it I’d like to know. I’m a solid lean 195 right now and I want to get to 205 and if it means more stretch marks. I don’t think so. Help anyone?

[quote]dl- wrote:
If ANYONE has this problem and has somethin to fix it I’d like to know. [/quote]

Uhm, what bodybuilder or even powerlifter anywhere near or above 200lbs do you know of who does NOT have stretch marks in several places?

I have them down both biceps, across my shoulders and even my quads. Anyone growing slow enough to avoid them will likely never get big enough in the first place to ever worry about them.

I have them too. Under my arms (front of my armpits.) Also, I have them on my bi’s and under my legs… Its just the nature of the game…

learn to embrace them man, ive got them on both thighs, my chest, my biceps, and my back.

–JB

Battle scars. The only tattoos I ever want or need.

I’m 16 and 230 pounds @ 5’8".My biceps and thighs are COVERED in stretch marks.Everyone asks if it’s from steroids.I say no it’s from hard ass work.I think it’s badass that you can make your muscle grow to the point where it stretches your skin.I was so proud when I first got some.

I see your guys point in getting big and such, but damn its ugly lol. Mine are like fresh too so like it’s obviosuyl real noticeable and it’s just really ugly lol. I don’t mind it that much but like who really wants to be covered in stretch marks and how come I see NO pro bodybuilders have them n stuff…do they use somethin to cover it up?

They wont stay that lovely bright red color forever, which im sure you know, with time they fade quite a bit.

And as far as the pros go, they’re so dark from tanning, and then applying pro-tan, that you cant see them at all.

–JB

[quote]dl- wrote:
I see your guys point in getting big and such, but damn its ugly lol. Mine are like fresh too so like it’s obviosuyl real noticeable and it’s just really ugly lol. I don’t mind it that much but like who really wants to be covered in stretch marks and how come I see NO pro bodybuilders have them n stuff…do they use somethin to cover it up?[/quote]

EVERY PRO BODYBUILDER HAS STRETCH MARKS. Every single one of them. Tanning lotions and oils may make them harder to see along with specific lighting and even air brushing for photos in magazines. If you had actually seen any of these guys up close you wouldn’t make that statement.

Aside from that, many of mine are harder to see and I doubt you would see any of them in a picture of me. You would have to be standing very close because of my skin color.

Stretch marks fade in time. Obviously, on most white people, they appear red and then fade to a silvery color. On most darker skinned people, they appear much lighter in color and then gradually fade to blend in more over time.

For a contest, so much tanning oil is used that I am sure even most scars wouldn’t show up from very far off.

ohh, yeah on my right shoulder it’s starting to fade and turning into my normal colour-ish, i have a lot of fresh ones but yeah I guess I’m not gonna worry about it. I’m just gonna keep doin what im doin lol

Dexter Jackson is riddled with them, but it just makes him look even more cut somehow.

[quote]dl- wrote:
ohh, yeah on my right shoulder it’s starting to fade and turning into my normal colour-ish, i have a lot of fresh ones but yeah I guess I’m not gonna worry about it. I’m just gonna keep doin what im doin lol[/quote]

In the 90’s I went from 185 to 250, grew some nice stretchies! They turn silver with time.

I am back to training hard again after a few years of pussitude and I am stoked to be getting some new ones.

I have them EVERYWHERE even some HUGE ones across the middle of my back which I got in one day from trying to lift something to heavy(object not weights)? those things looked like someone took a bullwhip to me or something and didn’t go away for months. Not sure wth that was from… Anways.

I use them as a sign I am making good gains, they only turn bright red when I retear them.
Stop worrying about them, anyone who ever thought they didn’t want to get bigger to quick for sake of no stretch marks probaly never got anywhere…

Some people have more sensitive skin, all you can really do is apply lotion with vitamin E on them 3 times a day to speed up the healing and fade process but generally don’t expect any great miracle. The only thing you can do is quit exercising and bulking and/or just work on a darker tan.