Bulking and Pop Tarts?

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Strange how Shugart has completely disappeared from T-Nation.

The V-Diet is now a seperate site. I wonder if Biotest did that specifically because he was such a bodybuilding basher. Maybe they decided he was bad for business…lol…

He seems to be exclusively writing only V-Diet stuff…unless I missed something… [/quote]

It might be because the more mature amongst us got tired of his juvenile, narcissistic, chauvinistic, and above all, INTOLERANT ramblings on matters having to do with serious issues such as mental illness and obesity; sex and women; and basically anyone’s lifestyle or beliefs or values that aren’t in line with his.

I’d like to elaborate on the issues of obesity and mental illness. He writes as if these two problems simply require a drill sargeant, “you’re a pussy/wimp/sloth/degenerate/bum/slacker” approach" when it is medical doctors and health professionals with REAL professional experience and training and education who deal with these difficult conditions.

The militant approach does NOT work for people with these serious problems as a whole, which is why it is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED in REAL, PROFESSIONAL dietetics counseling. I’d like to have Chris Shugart visit an outpatient dietetics counseling practice part of a HOSPITAL or MEDICAL CENTER and see if that sort of thing is tolerated or encouraged.

Do we know what demons drive people to feed themselves to the point of morbid obesity, and in some cases, DEATH?! Do these people sound like people who simply like the taste of food, or do they have a serious addiction driven by things only THEY and their therapists, psychiatrists, and dietitians know and understand?! Do pictures of these people belong on this site, an online fitness magazine? Do they deserved to be ridiculed, or do they deserve proper medical attention if and when they seek it?

Do we need to know that Chris Shugart functions sexually? Does he need our approval on an act that created a current world population of 9 billion people? Are we fooled into believing that because we work out and get adequate nutrition we’ll have to fight beautiful women off with a stick? Do we really fall for the notion that chubby, ORDINARY, and in some cases, unattractive men cannot or don’t have women?

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Strange how Shugart has completely disappeared from T-Nation.

The V-Diet is now a seperate site. I wonder if Biotest did that specifically because he was such a bodybuilding basher. Maybe they decided he was bad for business…lol…

He seems to be exclusively writing only V-Diet stuff…unless I missed something… [/quote]

It might be because the more mature amongst us got tired of his juvenile, narcissistic, chauvinistic, and above all, INTOLERANT ramblings on matters having to do with serious issues such as mental illness and obesity; sex and women; and basically anyone’s lifestyle or beliefs or values that aren’t in line with his. [/quote]

It’s also a BLOG. That’s what blogs are for, ranting your opinions. People who read velocitylife are on that site because they share similar beliefs and want to follow the nutritional guidelines he preaches. I really don’t understand why people post on his blog simply to argue with him. It doesn’t really make any sense.

FTR, I don’t agree with some of the stuff he says, but I do absorb what I find useful. I just don’t bother trying to disprove every topic I disagree with him on.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
I have found myself using poptarts as bread as per the advice of Stu.
[/quote]

LMAO- Just don’t blame me if you wake up one morning as a diabetic my friend!

S
[/quote]

Its a phase I swear! But really Stu - come clean. In the off season, how many poptarts you burning through?

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
Its a phase I swear! But really Stu - come clean. In the off season, how many poptarts you burning through?[/quote]

uh,… hello,… my name is Stu and I’m a Pop-Tart-Holic…

S

if nothing else, Shugart is a wealth of ideas when it comes to healthy cooking

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
if nothing else, Shugart is a wealth of ideas when it comes to healthy cooking[/quote]

This is true.

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
if nothing else, Shugart is a wealth of ideas when it comes to healthy cooking[/quote]

I’m a little sorry my comment got this wonderful thread about Pop Tarts off track, twas just a joke.

Now let’s talk flavors… I’m partial to the smores pop tart but am open for suggestions.

[quote]Scott M wrote:

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:

I’m a little sorry my comment got this wonderful thread about Pop Tarts off track, twas just a joke.

Now let’s talk flavors… I’m partial to the smores pop tart but am open for suggestions.[/quote]

lightly toasted Brown Sugar Cinnamon = awesomeness

Agreed. Brown sugar pop tarts get me very excited.

It’s extremely rare (I know, I know -lol), but the ever elusive Chocolate Mint Pop Tart is just the sickest thing ever (eat it frozen! Trust me!)

S

From Koresh’s website:

SKITAT: 14:00 2 Pop Tarts- I have to stay anabolic . .they have a great caloric density.
CP: â?¦ and they are loaded with trans-fats, basically toastable artherosclerosis.
The pudgy bookworm who came up with that one is really into economics and saving money. Probably explains why he sports a keg instead of a six-packâ?¦.

Koresh is so friggin’ corny!

See here: www.charlespoliquin.com/Blog/tabid/130/ EntryId/66/Dealing-With-Skinny-Know-It-All-Twirps-Part-2-The-Classic- Whimpy-Twirp-Dietary-Approach.aspx

I don’t understand his fascination with European athletic coaches.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
[/quote]

Woah bro, woah. Grains bro. Grains.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
[/quote]

Woah bro, woah. Grains bro. Grains.[/quote]

Dude, you’re fuckin’ hysterical!

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
From Koresh’s website:

SKITAT: 14:00 2 Pop Tarts- I have to stay anabolic . .they have a great caloric density.
CP: â?¦ and they are loaded with trans-fats, basically toastable artherosclerosis.
The pudgy bookworm who came up with that one is really into economics and saving money. Probably explains why he sports a keg instead of a six-packâ?¦.[/quote]

He could have just come out and said David Barr’s name.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
It’s also a BLOG. That’s what blogs are for, ranting your opinions. People who read velocitylife are on that site because they share similar beliefs and want to follow the nutritional guidelines he preaches. I really don’t understand why people post on his blog simply to argue with him. It doesn’t really make any sense.
[/quote]

What blog? He’s expressed the same opinions in many articles on this very site.

And those are not his BLOG.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
[/quote]

And those are not his BLOG. [/quote]

I’m referring specifically to people who go onto Shugart’s Hammer/Live Spill (Blogs) and refute his points. They’re on separate site for a reason.

As far as intelligently discussing articles he posts on T-NATION, well that’s a different story.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
[/quote]

And those are not his BLOG. [/quote]

I’m referring specifically to people who go onto Shugart’s Hammer/Live Spill (Blogs) and refute his points. They’re on separate site for a reason.

As far as intelligently discussing articles he posts on T-Nation, well that’s a different story.[/quote]

He discussed those serious issues in T-Nation articles and I was discussing this and his chauvinism and intolerance and lack of training and education in things he discusses.