Bulking and Losing Fat

[quote]meteor685 wrote:
@ChrisColucci

173 at the moment,i did not get a bodyfat percentage lately. I took a picture of when i started workin out, and I looked at my progress as time came on.

current lifts
Squats: 145 lbs
Deadlift: 135 lbs
Bench Press: 135 lbs.
Rows( only dumbells are availabe in my gym for rows): 2 35 lb dumbells

And eating, yesterday
-Chicken breast with whole wheat pasta.
-2 eggs
-2 protein shakes Whey Protein.
-Apples

• Chicken wrap.

-I cheated and ate a slice of cake.[/quote]

We now know the problem.

I’ll recommend the stickies. All of them, twice. Especially on eating.

What you are describing is two meals (sort of) and a snack.

Good luck

[quote]meteor685 wrote:
@ChrisColucci

173 at the moment,i did not get a bodyfat percentage lately. I took a picture of when i started workin out, and I looked at my progress as time came on.

current lifts
Squats: 145 lbs
Deadlift: 135 lbs
Bench Press: 135 lbs.
Rows( only dumbells are availabe in my gym for rows): 2 35 lb dumbells

And eating, yesterday
-2 eggs
-Apples

• Chicken wrap.

@OP - Not hating on you, but your diet is terrible. When I was fat and trying to lean out, I probably ate this much for my breakfast. Your food choices seem to be fine, but I’d recommend eating more clean food. Don’t try to starve yourself, it gets you nowhere.

It is probably eating that little which is killing your strength gains. I started off a total noob, and at the end of 3 months was able to deadlift and squat more than my bodyweight.

Start out by reading the nutrition stickies. Try to get at least 4, or even better, 6 healthy smaller meals everyday. Have good periworkout nutrition.

Good luck.

[quote]meteor685 wrote:
Rows( only dumbells are availabe in my gym for rows): 2 35 lb dumbells[/quote]
If you have a place to deadlift, you have a place to barbell row.

[quote]And eating, yesterday
-2 eggs
-Apples

• Chicken wrap.
    Yep, this is a crap plan. Unless you’re training for a ballet recital, in which case, do continue.

Follow this, step by step, to learn how to eat better:

You made this statement six days ago.

How many workouts have you done since that day, and what exactly did you do (what days, exercises, sets, and reps)?

[quote]-Chicken breast with whole wheat pasta.
-2 eggs
-Apples

• Chicken wrap.
    [/quote]

Unless this was one meal, I am unimpressed.

Why do I feel like I’ve read this thread before? A few hundred times in fact?

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Why do I feel like I’ve read this thread before? A few hundred times in fact?[/quote]

Because you have. And if you stick around you will see it a few hundred times more.

Everyone wants a shortcut, magic pill, easier approach, the holy grail, etc.

Everyone that starts is confused, overwhelmed, and bewildered that they are not getting the gains promised by the latest add.

Everyone is bombarded with the “latest”, “greatest”, etc.

Then you come to this site and we tell you to eat lots (over 3000 calories a day), lift heavy (Strength program or BB split) and get lots of rest. We tell you that consistency is key and it takes time (not days but years).

We also tell you to get your diet down pat before buying supplements, yet this is a supplement web site.

Then, one of three things happen: 1. We never hear from them again. 2. They say something to the effect of “Yeah, but…” 3. They actually listen (minority at best).

I wish there was more people like Chris on this site. Trying to teach them basics. Answering the same question over and over again is not easy. And not everyone can do it. If you find yourself asking the question that you did, it might be a good time to not read the Beginner section anymore. Just for your peace of mind.

As a side note, you now know what Dear Abby went thru on a daily basis. The same question, over and over and over and over and over…

Keep lifting.

Question: Which is better during workin out dumbells, or barbells?

[quote]meteor685 wrote:
Question: Which is better during workin out dumbells, or barbells?

[/quote]

Both?
If you don’t have a spotter, DBs work out better for bench presses. If you do, why not do both?

[quote]meteor685 wrote:
Question: Which is better during workin out dumbells, or barbells? [/quote]
Neither is “better”.

That’s like asking “which is better, hooking up with a fitness model or hooking up with a lingerie model.”

You made this statement eight days ago.

How many workouts have you done since that day, and what exactly did you do (what days, exercises, sets, and reps)?

I have a funny feeling that you’re waiting to have “the perfect plan” in place before you get going, but training is absolutely a learn-as-you-go process.