T Nation

Bulking and Gaining Weight

Hey just i question i wanted to ask…

Ive been putting on weight i went from about 155 to 170 in about a month and 2 weeks, and have been doing it pretty clean, chicken, lean meats,tuna,beans ect, aside from a weight gainer shake… and working hard on weights…havnt been doing any cardio because im a hardgainer

now the problem is the weight seems to be gained mostly in my face and my gut… i mean by face looks a whole lot fatter, isnt weight supposed to be evenly divided lol…

Hey man,

I am the same weight and would like to get to 170 too.

What sort of work out routine are you doing?

Thats alot of weight rather quick, definatly some bloating/water weight going on. Some people are effected by this more then others

no matter I would suggest slowing down on your rate of weight gain.

[quote]JNeves wrote:
Thats alot of weight rather quick, definatly some bloating/water weight going on. Some people are effected by this more then others

no matter I would suggest slowing down on your rate of weight gain.[/quote]

This and everyone stores fat in different places No it doesnt go on perfectly even.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:

This and everyone stores fat in different places No it doesnt go on perfectly even.

Phill[/quote]

Well if thats the case how does fat burn off? Obviously i cant workout my face, so if i do alot of cardio how does the weight come off? or how ill it come off my face?

What is your goal here? If you are bulking your main goal should be to gain weight. If you are eating clean like you claim and are unhappy with excess fat it doesn’t seem like you are truly a hardgainer. Throw some cardio into your routine to burn off the excess fat.

[quote]Buzzsaw wrote:
Phill wrote:

This and everyone stores fat in different places No it doesnt go on perfectly even.

Phill

Well if thats the case how does fat burn off? Obviously i cant workout my face, so if i do alot of cardio how does the weight come off? or how ill it come off my face?

[/quote]

Comes off same as it goes on in general. First on last off. thats why ppl have toruble areas like abs hips etc. They add fat there first and well it comes off here last. Its just where that individual has a tendency to store fuel.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Buzzsaw wrote:
Phill wrote:

This and everyone stores fat in different places No it doesnt go on perfectly even.

Phill

Well if thats the case how does fat burn off? Obviously i cant workout my face, so if i do alot of cardio how does the weight come off? or how ill it come off my face?

Comes off same as it goes on in general. First on last off. thats why ppl have toruble areas like abs hips etc. They add fat there first and well it comes off here last. Its just where that individual has a tendency to store fuel.

Phill
[/quote]

I think his question was more basic than that.

Fat gain is an “all over” process. You don’t just gain fat in one or two areas. You gain it all over in different amounts in different places mostly based on GENETICS (that means your family line dictates where you gain more or less fat).

Losing fat is again an “all over” process. Like Phil wrote, you would then lose it last in the first places you gained it.

While studies of “spot reduction” can confuse newbies, it is best for most newbies to think of this as a mostly non-issue because no one is going to walk around with “ripped abs” but huge amounts of body fat hanging everywhere else just because they do sit ups.