T Nation

Bulking and Effect on Sleep

Bulking gave me loads of energy such that I can sleep shorter. Most of the time, I would sleep when I'm not feeling tired. When I wake up, my energy level is very high.

Anyone experience that? How does this specifically have an impact on your strength gains?

you bench 85kg I think you are spending too much time worrying about stuff that doesnt matter

[quote]cparker wrote:
you bench 85kg I think you are spending too much time worrying about stuff that doesnt matter[/quote]

This. If you don’t bench at least 1.5XBW, squat 2XBW and deadlift near 2.5XBW and weigh a decent weight for your height then you just need to shut the fuck up and do the basics such as:Eating ‘clean food’, having a sound non complicated diet, hit sensible macros and micros, and go lift hard with a proven method (westside, cube, 5/3/1, etc) that you follow for AT LEAST A FEW MEET CYCLES OR SEVERAL MONTHS (so 20-30 weeks for cube, five-ish months for westside, however fucking long Jim Windler says you need to run 5/3/1, etc) for a couple years before you worry about the incredibly fine details.

Just worry about getting 8 hours of sleep dude. Feeling tired? Drink pre-workout. Feeling energized? Do a couple more sets and a couple more reps. And just like Destrength said. Stick to a program for a good while.

[quote]Sweetcries wrote:
Bulking gave me loads of energy such that I can sleep shorter. Most of the time, I would sleep when I’m not feeling tired. When I wake up, my energy level is very high.

Anyone experience that? How does this specifically have an impact on your strength gains?[/quote]
You were probably not eating enough to begin with. You were possibly deficient in something that you’re now getting by eating enough. You’d probably feel the same eating like you do now, even if you weren’t lifting.