Bulking and Cardio

Hey guys,

I’ve been bulking for some time and have made great strength and size gains. But I have put some fat on also, not loads. I want to keep on bulking, but want the fat to go, if I started jogging would I be able to burn the fat, I know I won’t be able do make any size gains while trying to lose fat, but will I lose any of my gains?

Thanks for any help

until someone omes alon with better ideas…

I’d probably only do cardio 2x a week, and both times would be HIIT(high intensity interval training) and only for about 20 mins each time. One minute hard, one minute eay sort of thing.
It wouldn’t hurt to also do some NEPA as John Berardi called it. That’s Non Exercise Physical Activity. Go for a 45 min. walk 3 or 5 times a week. Don’t just do your workout then sit around on the couch or in front of the computer all day ( like we are now!)

Of course tis should all come after the diet’s right.

Maybe give the Velocity Diet a shot for a few weeks to lose the extra lbs… I lost 12 lbs in 2 and a half weeks on it (even after reintroducing carbs to my diet)

If you want to lose the extra fat, keep your protein high, cut your calories back, make sure your diet is very clean, and add some HIT in there for cardio. As long as you are getting enough protein, you should keep your LBM. Do a mini-cut for a few weeks, until you are at a comfortable BF and then resume your bulk.

Good tips. I’m in the same predicament as the OP. I’m going to be introducing some HIIT into my training starting this evening. We’ll see how it goes.