Bulking 6 Weeks, Little Progress. Advice?

Ok, how do you suggest i should train?

Thanks man

1 Like

Oh yeah? I might have to have a look at that, thank you

Just be careful about the calories and macros…
The (natural – ignore this if unnatural, its probably way different) human body can only put on so much muscle in a certain period of time.
While I’m no expert if you keep downing gallons of milk each day and have thousands of calories in surplus you’ll end up with some muscle and a lot more fat (that’s my experience at least).

1 Like

Simple push/pull routine, 3 times a week.

Session A
Squat 4x 8-12 reps
Leg extension 3x 8-12 reps
Bench 4x 8-12 reps
Overhead press 3x 8-12
Close hand press up 3x failure

Session B
Deadlift 5x5
Ham curl 4x 8-12 reps
Chin up 40 reps total
Row variation 3x 8-12 reps
Bicep curl 3x 10-12 reps

All reps done with a 4 sec lowering phase except the deadlift. Straight sets, only up the weight when you comfortably hit 4x12.

Don’t hit failure on any early sets, the last rep of the last set can be close to failure, so pick weight wisely.

Go back and forth between the 2 sessions. Don’t do anything on off days, if anything some light cardio if you must but take the time to recover.

This would be my recomendation, it works, as long as you are eating in a surplus.

5 Likes

He doesn’t strike me as the kind of individual at risk of accidentally getting fat

6 Likes

Oh absolutely, this is why it’s key to know yourself and be honest in evaluating things, OP is almost certainly going to struggle, even to gain fat (judging from his pics and posts it sounds similar to where I started) but I did suggest only going the junk food once you’ve got a solid idea of body response.

In terms of healthy, nope not suggesting it is but it depends on the goals and what you’ll do to get there. Gaining weight, even eating well is almost always going to be a drain on health. But most of what we do on this site isn’t really for health optimisation, it is for looking good naked or being strong, there are some health benefits to not being a fat sedentary slob but they usually tap out way before gaining 50lbs of body weight and lifting 100s of kilos. But to look great and be strong you have to go big and train hard.

Also

Super immature laughs here.

It works, and if you’re really fighting for every lb then I would recommend.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a great problem to have :slight_smile:

Yeah that is true. I remember reading somewhere that caloric restriction in the long term is the best thing you can do for health rather than being a mass monster. That being said, I think people here are very serious lifters compared to other places I’m used to.

1 Like

I’ll add:
do the ‘hour of power’ Defranco mentions here among other tips…

Can actually back off the heavy eating on regular days if do this and make gains pretty fast. (still push the protein)

Training -try the classic programs Pwnisher mentions like Super Squats/20 reps squats and then down the line run through Tnation programs like Thib’s ‘Best Damn…’ series

1 Like

Well, he said ‘a liter’, not ‘gallons’. So, there’s that. He’s probably drinking less than a half gallon at most on any given day.

I spent years ACTUALLY drinking between 1/2 and 1 gallon of milk per day, every single day. Never got fat. It’s all about your starting point. Some people can do this, some cannot. I would never recommend it to someone who’s already carrying a signficant amount of fat. But for the super skinny dude? Absolutely.

3 Likes

Yeah, genetics, metabolism, etc.
I know I can’t do that for sure :rofl:

1 Like

Totally missed this, but you’d be surprised, force feeding yourself for years on end (and losing weight the moment you slip up and forget to eat enough on a single day) is literally sickening and crushing. No one who has gone this route enjoyed it. But I get your point was in jest.

4 Likes

Yeah tbh both ends of it suck.
Having too big an appetite? Sucks
Having too small an appetite? Sucks

I suffer from too big of an appetite, and it most definitely sucks!!

1 Like

yup.

1 Like

Mate . First things first . Alot of people will say don’t take this advice.
Mate eat eat eat. Even if its something basic . For example I was as skinny as you and I would eat everything in site .but first off my breakfast lunch and dinner . But snack in-between… even if its chocolate cakes . Loads of toast with anything ontop
Try melt cheese on all your dinners . If you like cheese .
I know your young if you smoke weed . It will be very hard to put on weight .
And I’m not saying your lazy but if you wake up at 2am . You have missed a normal person’s day .

Your behind alot of hours of eating its hard to catch up.
Don’t listen to people say you need loads of proteins just yet your muscle mass is not high .

Just build a platform make yourself heavy help you more powerful then worry about getting lean and eating the right foods .

been 2 weeks. you buy that book and get started with it?

3 Likes

If you are to follow any of the advice on this thread you’ll be fine. In fact it sounds like you’re doing okay anyway.

Ultimately only only age and experience will teach you to be more patient, hang in there you’ll get to an age where you won’t even have to try to bulk trust me, you dont have a small frame you will fill out in time.

Sounds like a gym membership is out of reach for now, no shame in that we have all been there. Try this, grab a shovel and go dig a whole waist deep in your backyard, fill it back in and dig it out again 3 or 4 times. Then pan fry 500g of chicken drumsticks (generally the cheapest cut) and wash it down with some milk. That’ll put some fucken size on ya.

Edit - good on you for not being one of these little turds who play video games all day these days and are too weak to open a jar
You’re doing it right hang in there

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been really busy, but yes I did buy the book and have started on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Progress update, I’ve been taking a lot of the advice on here and so far its going pretty well

3 Likes

have you started tracking weight and logging food intake? If so, can you share some of those results more specifically?

1 Like