Bulk Routine?

At the moment I’m trying to bulk up. I don’t know what’s the best routine for me, but the days I can go to the gym are mon, wed, and fri.

Monday lower body, wednesday upper body, and friday full body. I haven’t started this yet, but want to give it a try and need some advice.

The thing I’m confused about is working out while I’m sore. I’ve heard from some people to work out the sore, and others tell me to give it a day. Is it okay to do heavy weight low reps and at the end of the week light wieght high reps?

I would personally vary the set/ rep parameters throughout the week. As far as soreness is concerned this can be alleviated, to some extent, by doing ‘feeder’ workouts (booster shots etc.) where you do just one or two very high rep sets in order to engorge the muscles with blood.

I would do these on your off days (or even later on after your main workouts) rather than dedicating one of only 3 main workouts a week to this.

What are your goals and stats anyway?

I think you have a good plan. M,W, do upper/lower with reps 5-8 and F full body with 10 -15 reps. If the soreness is DOMS, work right thru it. That is due to muscle inflamation and working thru it will not retard hypertrophy. If it still concerns you, change your full body to Monday and that will give you extra time off after your heavier workouts on W and F.

check out the set/rep parametes that Chad Waterbury wrote out in his bonus article from yesterday.

–WS4

Its been around a month since the last time I trained my legs. What happens when you wait so long and then start to train a muscle with heavy weight? Why do you get so sore?

[quote]testostronefreak wrote:
Its been around a month since the last time I trained my legs. What happens when you wait so long and then start to train a muscle with heavy weight? Why do you get so sore?[/quote]

Because your muscles have become unaccustomed to the work in a nutshell and yes if you go hard after a month off be prepared for people to accuse you of having a stick up your ass when they watch you walk.