T Nation

Bulk or Cut

I’ve been lifting right (Starting Strength for a while then WS4SB) since last April and I started at 132lbs at about 8-10% body fat. I’m not sure if I should keep bulking or if I should cut down to 8% body fat again and then start bulking again.

Stats:
Height 5’10"
Weight 160 lbs
Body fat 12%
Chest 37"
Arms 13"
Hips 34"
Waist 33"
Thighs 22"
Forearms 11"
Shoulders 44.5"
Neck 15"

Bulk.

I don’t beleive this is real. Have fun with your little game.

Bulking. At 160 I don’t see any reason to cut.

Ok 2 for bulking. I guess I just have a fat-phobia.

12% is normal still
If you get up to 15% then i would consider cutting.
Still 160 is not much so i´d keep on bulking.
Depends ofcourse on your goals.

Thanks I guess I’ll keep bulking until I get to 15% bf then cut down.

You could keep bulking and never get to 15% bf.

[quote]Kef wrote:
12% is normal still
If you get up to 15% then i would consider cutting.
Still 160 is not much so i´d keep on bulking.
Depends ofcourse on your goals.[/quote]

Uh, yeah, because the LAST thing you want is 15% body fat in a 160lbs frame.

I guess I won’t be seeing any more really big people in the gym after this next dumb ass fat phobic generation gets done dieting based on percentages alone and not how much size (lean body mass) they are actually carrying and their level of training.

[quote]bryceh87 wrote:
I’m not sure if I should keep bulking or if I should cut down to 8% body fat again and then start bulking again.[/quote]

13" arms eh and you want to make them smaller?

Just fucking eat and stop worrying about getting fat. If your eating the right types of foods, this shouldn’t be an issue.

[quote]bryceh87 wrote:

Stats:
Height 5’10"
Weight 160 lbs
Body fat 12%
Chest 37"
Arms 13"
Waist 33"
Thighs 22"

Bulk or cut?
[/quote]

You have 22 inch thighs. 13 inch arms. and a 37 inch chest… and you don’t know if you need to add more muscle?

[quote]mr popular wrote:
bryceh87 wrote:

Stats:
Height 5’10"
Weight 160 lbs
Body fat 12%
Chest 37"
Arms 13"
Waist 33"
Thighs 22"

Bulk or cut?

You have 22 inch thighs. 13 inch arms. and a 37 inch chest… and you don’t know if you need to add more muscle?[/quote]

In his defense, I’m sure he’s “bustin’” out of all his Abercrombie clothes with all that mass. I’d consider cutting too!

Bulk…

Train like a madman, on a solid bodybuilding program and eat a lot and eat 90% clean and you will likely add muscle and stay the same or get leaner.

If you are 160 then you probably don’t add weight easily and can eat like a madman and not get fat. Eat a lot of meat, veggies, fruit and a few candy bars every once in awhile. You’ll grow. Train with great form and train with great intensity!!!

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:
bryceh87 wrote:
I’m not sure if I should keep bulking or if I should cut down to 8% body fat again and then start bulking again.

Just fucking eat and stop worrying about getting fat. If your eating the right types of foods, this shouldn’t be an issue.

i argee, EAT! try cottage cheese and roids!

5’10 and 160 lbs is skinny.
13" arms is sickeningly skinny.

BULK!

S

[quote]bryceh87 wrote:
I’ve been lifting right (Starting Strength for a while then WS4SB) since last April and I started at 132lbs at about 8-10% body fat. I’m not sure if I should keep bulking or if I should cut down to 8% body fat again and then start bulking again.

Stats:
Height 5’10"
Weight 160 lbs
Body fat 12%
Chest 37"
Arms 13"
Hips 34"
Waist 33"
Thighs 22"
Forearms 11"
Shoulders 44.5"
Neck 15"[/quote]

Cut.

Face it-- you’re fat and huge. I’m not sure how you could let yourself get so big. Get off your fat ass and do cardio. Don’t eat anything except sugarless gum, celery, and diet soda.

I hate huge, fat, disgusting people like you.

Of course, I’m kidding… about the sugarless gum-- it still has 1g of carbs, so don’t touch it, it’ll mess up your weight loss-- I know 'cause I read it on T-Nation.

Fatass.

Cut you fucking slob.

[quote]TYSON DIESEL wrote:
Rhino Jockey wrote:
bryceh87 wrote:
I’m not sure if I should keep bulking or if I should cut down to 8% body fat again and then start bulking again.

i argee, EAT! try cottage cheese and roids![/quote]

Dude, not that I have an issue with steroids, but you keep telling EVERYONE to do them. You need to learn what the fuck you’re talking about before you go around making statements like this - especially when dealing with people like the OP.

you’re tiny. Eat

I suggest various dead mammals around the clock

[quote]bryceh87 wrote:

Stats:
Height 5’10"
Weight 160 lbs
[/quote]

This is all I read. The rest is irrelevant.

Bulk.