Bulk or Cut?

you need to cut bf before you bulk again. otherwise you will most likely gain a similar amount of fat and be obease at the end of your bulk. trust me it is not fun to diet down from that level. you dont want to waste a whole year getting back in shape. at least go down to 10 or 12% before you up the caloric intake again. thats my opinion

Wow this thread got dumb.

Id say bulk coz uv not really got any muscle to cut, sorry but has to be said, hope that comment fuels you ,so go train :wink:

[quote]elano wrote:
you need to cut bf before you bulk again. otherwise you will most likely gain a similar amount of fat and be obease at the end of your bulk. trust me it is not fun to diet down from that level. you dont want to waste a whole year getting back in shape. at least go down to 10 or 12% before you up the caloric intake again. thats my opinion[/quote]

And a very wrong one at that. Increasing lean protein and decreasing carbs while keeping calories in the 3,500-4,000 range would benefit him in BOTH fat loss and muscle building at his size.

And dieting down is not really hard. It takes months to build muscle but only weeks to lose the fat. He can lower BF and get bigger at the same time.

One more question to you…why diet down when there is no muscle to reveal?? Must you start a program emaciated BEFORE you can add muscle?

[quote]elano wrote:
you need to cut bf before you bulk again. otherwise you will most likely gain a similar amount of fat and be obease at the end of your bulk. trust me it is not fun to diet down from that level. you dont want to waste a whole year getting back in shape. at least go down to 10 or 12% before you up the caloric intake again. thats my opinion[/quote]

what???

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
elano wrote:
you need to cut bf before you bulk again. otherwise you will most likely gain a similar amount of fat and be obease at the end of your bulk. trust me it is not fun to diet down from that level. you dont want to waste a whole year getting back in shape. at least go down to 10 or 12% before you up the caloric intake again. thats my opinion

And a very wrong one at that. Increasing lean protein and decreasing carbs while keeping calories in the 3,500-4,000 range would benefit him in BOTH fat loss and muscle building at his size.

And dieting down is not really hard. It takes months to build muscle but only weeks to lose the fat. He can lower BF and get bigger at the same time.

One more question to you…why diet down when there is no muscle to reveal?? Must you start a program emaciated BEFORE you can add muscle?[/quote]

Dont you mean years to build muscle and months to lose fat?!

I think he needs a mixture this guy… eating a maintenance diet - no surpus at all… and training to bulk. Not a weightloss diet (i will refrain from the word “cut” as it so- doesnt apply to this young man its untrue) but a healthy, clean diet of whole foods that allows him to not be hungry, but never stuffed either.

i tend to agree with the guy calling him a troll… i mean this is T-Nation, one of the best educated bodybuilders resources, and - well. look at him. for a start, 1.5 years of training or 50 years, he needs to be in the beginners section, not here.
I personally dont care whether he cuts or bulks - but he needs to stop worrying about which it is and get fucking working on the physique - because lets be fair here. it is a disgrace.

JJ

Do alot more general easy cardio, say work harder at work or walk more often and slowly burn extra kcals. Train with more intensity on a basic program. If you wanna speed up the fat loss maybe start tyre flipping, or sled pulling something like that. Eat cleaner, add fish oils and cut out MOST crap. Dont go to any extremes with diet though. concentrate on getting stronger on big lifts not small exercises.
It takes time. but it looks like you should train alot harder

I’ve heard that if you start off bulking with a lot of bodyfat then you’ll put on more fat then if you’d started your bulk leaner. If that’s true then doesn’t it make sense to cut first?

[quote]Digity wrote:
I’ve heard that if you start off bulking with a lot of bodyfat then you’ll put on more fat then if you’d started your bulk leaner. If that’s true then doesn’t it make sense to cut first?[/quote]

What is it with people obsessed with “MUST BULK OR CUT!”

It doesnt apply here!!
These lads who come here are not bodybuilders, they dont train like bodybuilders, they aren’t interested in bodybuilding shows,
they have nowhere near the motivation and discipline that bodybuilders do, they aren’t even recreational bodybuilders.
And while it is no secret that the fact this is the case in a BODYBUILDING FORUM pisses me right off on a daily basis, it has to be noted that this guy isnt a bodybuilder, bulking or cutting are not really relevant to his goals.

A general fitness routine with plenty of decent resistance work, some cardio/energy systems work, some flexibility and maybe some sport a day a week along with a simple whole/natural food diet would solve all his problems.

He CAN achieve this goal without having to “bulk first” or “cut”.

The fact that this forum is less of a bodybuilding forum and more of a general fitness forum isnt the OP’s fault, so i do hope he can accept what he needs to do and just do it. There has been alot of good advice here among alot of irrelevant advice.

JJ

Is this the same idiot from the bb.com filthy bulk thread? The resemblance is uncanny.

Hey…he’s deleted his pictures. Way to go.