T Nation

Bulk or Cut Some More?

Hey, i am 5’10 180ish body fat is around 12-13 percent my lifts:bench 330 squat 405 deadlift 400 power clean 215 over head press 210 confused on wether to bulk or cut some more i do not want to be over 15 percent body fat so i figure i cut to 9 percent then set up a clean bulk from there?

You are pretty new around here so you might not know that this is one of the most common questions asked ever. And the answer is going to be split between people telling you either: you are too small to worry about cutting; or you are too fat to worry about bulking.

It would help to post a picture because most people claiming 10-13% BF are really >15%. Not saying you are, but many people are disillusioned.

How long have you been training? I basically got to gain weight and kept my BF the same for a few years after I started. If you are pretty young training wise, then you don’t have to choose either.

If you are naturally around 13% BF, getting down to single digits is going to take significant time. Then once youre there, you will probably want to hold that BF for a little bit so you don’t rebound fat-wise. Then it will be spring break or maybe summer and you won’t want to get fat, but you’ll probably be less than 170 (ie scrawny).

Or you could gain for 3 months then lean out for 3 months and look significantly bigger and healthier and more in shape. In my opinion though, “bulking” and gaining aren’t synonymous; try not to get fat.

Post a picture. Words on a screen are useless for this and 9 times out of 10, most of these guys see something completely different in the mirror than the rest of us.

In addition to pics I think its really odd that youre asking for OUR opinion on what YOU should look like.

You said you dont want to be over 13% but that’s the only “goal” you’re giving us and its pretty vague. What is that you’re looking for? More size? better definition? hawt abz? Everything? Or are you really asking what we think your goal should be? Cause my answer is always size…

i will post a picture but i do want to gain muscle lean muscle gain of course

here:

LOL at OP’s perception of 12-13% bodyfat.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
LOL at OP’s perception of 12-13% bodyfat. [/quote]

no kiddin. nice picture too, very clear

[quote]tlydi23 wrote:
here:[/quote]

You should keep gaining.

Mind you, it took all of my will to avoid insulting you. I am so proud of myself.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Mind you, it took all of my will to avoid insulting you. I am so proud of myself.[/quote]

LOL, i was not expecting your initial reply

Dude!

Your definatly not 13% bodyfat…

How much cardio do you do in a given week?? You bodyfat looks more in the range of 20% to me…

1. what is your diet like??
  2. what is your training split…

Do you drink alcohol?? You look kinda like you do… You kinda look like someone who doesn’t have a serious diet… At least from this photo your arms look really small… Thats my thoughts… And it kinda looks like someone who needs to crank up their training and clean up their diet… And also crank up the cardio too…

Dude!

Your definatly not 13% bodyfat…

How much cardio do you do in a given week?? You bodyfat looks more in the range of 20% to me…

1. what is your diet like??
  2. what is your training split…

Do you drink alcohol?? You look kinda like you do… You kinda look like someone who doesn’t have a serious diet… At least from this photo your arms look really small… Thats my thoughts… And it kinda looks like someone who needs to crank up their training and clean up their diet… And also crank up the cardio too…

Are you sure you can lift that kinda weight… Or are you BSing us?? For someone your size I would be really suprised if you could squat 405 at all… maybe a partial… I have massive legs and can only squat around 370lbs and my training partner has more muscle mass in his upper body then you and in no way can do 330lbs… I personally would have to see it to believe it…

[quote]tlydi23 wrote:
here:[/quote]

That picture and “my lifts:bench 330 squat 405 deadlift 400 power clean 215 over head press 210” does not compute.

The only guys I have seen do 405 are guys on anabolics on a bunch of supps… Even the austian oak could only do 12 reps with 405 and he was on d-bol and weighed 240 or so…

[quote]superpolishpower wrote:
Are you sure you can lift that kinda weight… Or are you BSing us?? For someone your size I would be really suprised if you could squat 405 at all… maybe a partial… I have massive legs and can only squat around 370lbs and my training partner has more muscle mass in his upper body then you and in no way can do 330lbs… I personally would have to see it to believe it…[/quote]

x2

yah im only 18 yrs old rite now…bulk…cut…?? and no my diet has not been the best and no i dont drink alcohol

[quote]superpolishpower wrote:
The only guys I have seen do 405 are guys on anabolics on a bunch of supps… Even the austian oak could only do 12 reps with 405 and he was on d-bol and weighed 240 or so…[/quote]

Right… this is false.

sorry diannabol… hope I spelled that right and it was anabloics OR a bunch of supps… My BS rador is going off right now!! Those lifts are full of FAIL… LOL!

can anyone provide me what i should do?