T Nation

Bulk or Cut? I'm Lost

Hi, thax for your time,

what you think? Should I bulk or cut?

Im 29 years old, 5.9" and 157lb, 6 month in the gym and lost 15lbs

Sorry for my english.

You need muscle. Do it slowly.

You could do a serious cut for a month or two and probably end up in the 140s with good definition, but you’d be a skinny dude with abs.

Like Strongman said, focus on building muscle with a patient, well-designed plan. This is a solid approach: https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/anti-skinny-fat-manifesto

It’s your decision, you need to make a goal and stick to it.

BUT, personally I would bulk slowly. Just accept that you’re not going to look any more defined for a while. You need to build the base first, and then when you cut down you’ll be a happy guy! :smiley:

Good luck!

thank you for your advice

I was in your same situation. Only a few tips:

• Squat, chin-up, dip and overhead press. Often.
  • Eat big and CLEAN.
  • relax and take your time.

Good luck, mate!

Thank you Raoh1990,

I just saw your article “A Skinny Fat’s Journey to T-ransformation” and I feel identified, I have doubts about your nutrition, did you maintain a caloric surplus ?

Right now I’m in a little caloric surplus. I’m in the middle of a clean bulk. Listen to me: focus on the quality of foods, not only the quantity (calories). This is one of the most important tip I can give you from my (little) experience.

Do you have any suggestion on what I must eat?

Try, try, try, try, try. With experience you will learn what works and what doesn’t work with your body. I’m not you; so I can’t tell you what foods are good for you.

I understand. i will try, try, try