Bulk Before V-Diet

so heres the deal…i was a boxer for 3 years and was skinny as hell. 5’9 126 single digit bodyfat. after 3 months of stopping i got up to 153 mabye 10-11% fat. i wanna do the v/diet but would like to be about 175 before i start. how is this diet, i am a senior in high school so sometimes protei bars are a must:

breakfast: oatmeal pancakes-10 egg whites 1.5 cup oatmeal, banana, cinamin

2 hours later: detour protein bar

lunch: 2 wraps whole weat w/ alot of turkey

3 hours later: homemade weight gainer: 2 scoops whey, cup of frozen berries, 2 tbsp peanut butter…either tuna or chicken breast

workout

weight gainer same as before and a mix of oatmeal and 1 scoop of protein

dinner: lots of chicken breast or steak w/ veggies and brown rice or else like a big subway…thanks for the help

20 more pounds of muscle could end up being a year to a year and a half, and if you don’t gain much fat with it, you may not need the V-Diet than and might want to keep going.

you left the question out…

or is this some sort of training log?

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
20 more pounds of muscle could end up being a year to a year and a half, and if you don’t gain much fat with it, you may not need the V-Diet than and might want to keep going.[/quote]

I think some of these guys think gaining 20lbs of muscle is easy and quick. if you make size and strength your top priority AND have decent genetics and focus on food intake, you MAY just be able to gain over 20lbs in a year and have most of that be muscle tissue if you are not a beginner. To think it will just happen quickly and that you will immediately jump on a quick diet in time for spring break is a little ridiculous.

wow im fucken stupid never mind me

sorry i didnt say ya i want some help with bulking…but i kno it wont be lean muscle i dont care if there is fat gain im just tryin to stay under mabye 15 or 16% up to 175 pretty quick then v-diet back down a little

[quote]sammiza567 wrote:
sorry i didnt say ya i want some help with bulking…but i kno it wont be lean muscle i dont care if there is fat gain im just tryin to stay under mabye 15 or 16% up to 175 pretty quick then v-diet back down a little[/quote]

I know that high school means you don’t think very much even though you truly believe you know a lot. We’ve all been there, but what has been said to you…too many fucking times for it to still not sink in, is that what you are speaking of is A LONG TERM GOAL, or at least should be. Why the living hell would someone just throw on weight real quick disregarding strength and whether the majority is muscle or not…to then turn right around and immediately diet? You will LOSE every thing you may gain…which won’t be much to begin with in such a short period of time.

Did you understand that…or will you act like we just don’t know what we are talking about?

We get it, you think you’re right. One day you will realize just how retarded your comments in this thread have been…hopefully.

sorry but ya i just want advice on the diet…i know it wont be lean muscle i expect the fat but wanna be under 15-16 at 175 then cut back…im not expecting a beach bod at 175 just looking to get bigger quick

[quote]sammiza567 wrote:
sorry but ya i just want advice on the diet…i know it wont be lean muscle i expect the fat but wanna be under 15-16 at 175 then cut back…im not expecting a beach bod at 175 just looking to get bigger quick[/quote]

I can sympathize with you being in high school still. Your mind is focused on the near and now and not the future, but X really is right. The decisions you make now will have a great impact in the years to come. If you really honestly don’t care and will just figure it out when the time comes, then I think your plan is not a bad way to go. At least you are wanting to add more before you cut down. Hell when I was in high school I had Snickers eating contests. I never won, but I had a hell of a time.

As for the V-Diet. It really is one of the simplest diets out there. Adding in protein bars isn’t a great idea, so if you absoluetly have to (with school and all- I know I would never have been able to drink a shake at school, especially considering the tough rules they have in schools now and the time allowed bewteen classes) make sure you get one with the lowest fat and lowest carb content possible. Try and match the stats of an Metabolic Drive shake as close as you can, and keep them few and far between. You really want most of your intake daily from shakes.

Good luck and try not to shrug off the good advice you’ve gotten in this thread.

[quote]sammiza567 wrote:
sorry but ya i just want advice on the diet…i know it wont be lean muscle i expect the fat but wanna be under 15-16 at 175 then cut back…im not expecting a beach bod at 175 just looking to get bigger quick[/quote]

wow thats great you just want someone to tell you what you want to hear.
Lets analyze this for second, you are about 11% bodyfat and weigh 153lbs thats about 137lbs lean mass.

You want to be 15% at 175lbs thats 149lbs lean mass.
Lets say you do this and than diet what do you want to lose 10lbs?
your right back where you started man
Assuming you lose no muscle on the diet and 3-6 of those lbs are water loss from the carb deplytion you will be a hyoogge 160 at 10%.
7 whole lbs of muscle mass. I doubt anyone notices this.

What I would do is bulk to 175 look at yourself, recheck all your measurments.
Ask yourself do I REALLY need to go on a strict diet for 30 days when I am still pretty lean or do I want to continue to get bigger and stronger? Continue to bulk for the next year or two than maybe diet when I have actually gained something and will have something to show for it once I diet.

I agree with the prof. But hey, feel free to see if you can. Experience is worth alot.

Your diet looks shit. Its not something i would bulk with. Where are the calories? There is alot of information by all the authors on this very topic. Check the authors section on the side bar. I like alot of Bars stuff.

Id make up a bunch of shakes with yoghurt, protein (casin/whey), fruit and olive oil. It may seem like alot too much stuff, but your going to need it. Bags of nuts are good aswell.

I wouldnt V-diet after, if your going to preserve ANY of your gains at all your going to need something gentler that runs longer. T-dawg is a good start.

Or just listen to everyone else in the thread, they are right.

thanks…if i knew everything i prolly wouldnt be asking cuz i kno i kno nowhere near that

You also might want to look into learning how to speak. Speaking is a highly underrated skill and I think if you could speak, it would help you immensely with you long term goals.

The written word is a good place to get you training wheels. After a book or two and some good ole’ fashioned writtin’, You’ll be speaking in no time.

Good Luck!

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
I wouldnt V-diet after, if your going to preserve ANY of your gains at all your going to need something gentler that runs longer. T-dawg is a good start.[/quote]

Just a quick point of contention- this is not true. You are more likely to keep any gains on the V-Diet than on T-Dawg. Given the V-Diet’s short duration and emphasis on protein and no cardio, it really is the better option in this respect.